Potions and Parcels

As promised Hermione gently shook my arm the very next morning. I groaned and she chuckled.

"I see what you mean. You are not a morning person."

"Nope." I sighed into my pillow. "I'm up, I'm getting up."

I got dressed in my robes. Hermione was kind enough to wait for me and we went to breakfast together. I did notice Harry and Ron weren't with us. I tired not to worry and hoped that they would be down for class. We all made our way to Transfiguration as our first morning class. I was glad that first years no matter they're house had all the same class schedules. Professor McGonagall started class on time and Harry and Ron were still no where to be seen. She explained about the rules in her class and that we had extensive notes to start taking.

About 20 minutes into class the doors finally opened and coming in running was Harry and Ron. Hermione rolled her eyes and I sighed relieved the even made it.

"Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron asked Harry and they approached the center of the room.

I then rolled my eyes as I continued to take notes. Both boys stood with their mouths agape, as she jumped from her cat animagus form to the floor. Swiftly changing back into herself.

"That was bloody brilliant." Ron said amazed.

"Thank you for that assement, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch, that way one of you might be on time." She scolded.

"We got lost." Harry said sheepishly.

"Then perhaps a map?  I trust you don't need one to find your seats." Professor McGonagall stated and walked back to the front of the class room.

Harry gave me a sheepish glance as I smiled softly at him. They. Took their seats at the front of the class and began complying down the notes. Transfiguration was over quickly and it was time for our next class. We all gathered in the potions classroom and took our seats. Hermione, Ron, Harry and I all sat at one long table. The room was filled with pleasant chatter, cauldrons were bubbling at the front. Hermione and I both were next to each other and had our noses in our books, study whatever we possibly could. The doors slammed open and in came Professor Snape. His robes flowing behind him like a cape.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However for those select few..." Snape spoke as he reached the front of the room. He pulled away from the desk he was leaning on and eyed a few students curiously. "Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death." He spoke in a monotone and spoke slowly.

I watched as Snape spoke, when he suddenly looked over at our table that just so happened to be in the very front. His eyes narrowed as he glared. In Harry and I's direction. I couldn't understand why he was glaring at me, I hadn't even done anything yet.
"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention." Snape glared harshly. I realized finally he wasn't even glaring at me. He was looking at my brother who's head was down, because he was making notes on what he was saying. I nudged him slightly and Harry looked up realizing the whole class was looking at us. 

"Mr. and Ms. Potter. Our new celebrities... Tell me, Mr. Potter, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asked. Hermione's hand shot up on the other side of me, and Harry only shrugged. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"