Christmas at Hogwarts

After the game we were walking along the path towards Hagrid's hut, with him by our side. We had all greeted and cheered for Harry happily when he came out from the locker rooms. He deserved to be extremely proud of himself. We had explained to him what happened during the match and now we were explain what happened to Hagrid.

    "Nonsense!" Hagrid scoffed. "Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?"

    "Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three headed dog on Halloween?" Harry retorted.

    "Who told you about fluffy?" Hagrid grunted.

    "Fluffy?" Ron asked in disbelief.

    "That thing has a name?!" Hermione and I exclaimed.

    "Well, of course he's got a name, he's mine. I bought him off and Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..." Hagrid trailed off.

    "Yes?" Harry and I asked enthusiastically.

    "Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask anymore questions. That's top secret that is." Hagrid huffed.

    "But Hagrid, whatever fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." I explained as worry laced my tone.

    "Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid stopped us all.

    "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione stated firmly.

    "Exactly!" Harry and I chimed together as though Hermione had proven our point.

Hagrid looked at the four of us and let out a large sigh.

    "Now, you listen to me, all four of ya. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

The four of us looked at each other shocked and Hagrid quickly realized he made a mistake.

    "Nicholas Flamel?" Harry affirmed.

    "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I shouldn't have said that." Hagrid scolded himself several times as he walked away from us.

    "Nicholas Flamel... It sounds familiar... Who is he?" I turned and asked our friends.

    "I don't know." Hermione whispered with the shake of her head.

Time was passing us by quickly. November flew by and most of December. We'd been looking for any sort of answer regarding Nicholas Flamel and yet we found nothing. It was driving me and Harry positively bonkers knowing we'd read the name somewhere but we couldn't find it again. It was almost Christmas break and Harry and I were staying at Hogwarts. But we weren't sorry at all, it was sure to be the best Christmas ever. Since it was better than being at the Dursley's any day. Hermione had offered to take me home with her but I politely declined as nice as the offer was. Both our friends felt terrible for us that we'd never in our lives received a Christmas gift. Harry and I always made each other cards, but that was the most we could do since we didn't have any sort of money.

I had made even better friends with the Weasley Twins and they loved to cheer me up with all their pranks and things. One day we even all conjured up snowballs hitting the back of Professor Quirrell's turban. It made for a wonderful laugh and even though we did receive detention for the bewitched snowballs, it was totally worth it. The Great Hall was decorated through and through with Christmas trees and decorations, it was even more chanting then it was on Halloween. The Hogwarts ghosts were singing Christmas carols as they floated through the halls. Ron and Harry were playing wizards chess and I was watching Ron teach him. It was basically the same as real chess, not that I knew how to play that either, but the pieces were magical and moved on their own. Hermione walked to us with her bag packed rolling behind her.