Slytherin Vs Gryffindor

A few days had past since the Troll incident. Word had spread around the school very quickly about what happened. Things were really great now that the four of us were friends. Some people even started to call us the Golden Quartet. Hermione and I helped the boys with their homework a lot of the time, specially with Harry and all his Quidditch practices. She even gave him a book called Quidditch Through The Ages. It helped him loads, but he was still nervous. Especially now since it was the first Saturday in November, Harry's first Quidditch match. 

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on." Ron encouraged my brother as he only picked at his breakfast.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're going to need your strength today." Hermione chimed.

"I'm not hungry." Harry insisted.

"It will be fine and you'll do great." I assured him as I rubbed his shoulder.

Professor Snape limped his way over to the Gryffindor table and stopped next to the lot of us.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you... Even if it's against Slytherin." His eyes met each one of ours before he swiftly left the table.

"That explains the blood." Harry whispered and I nodded.

"Blood?" Hermione asked.

"The night of the troll getting in." I explained.

"We are guessing Snape let the Troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog. But, he got himself bitten and that's why he's limping." Harry explained further.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked curiously.

"The day we were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Told us it was Hogwarts business and VERY secret." I whispered in a low tone looking back and forth between Ron and Hermione.

"So your saying..." Hermione realized.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry stated firmly.

Hedwig and Arwen came flying into the Great Hall with loud squawks. The appeared to be bringing in some large parcel and dropped it in front of Harry.

"Bit early for mail isn't it?" Hermione noted.

"But, we never get mail?" Harry said curiously as he looked at me. I looked back at him and shrugged unsure of what it was or who gave it.

"Let's open it." Ron boasted excitedly.

The four of us started pulling at the paper and once it was fully unwrapped we sat back to look and see it was a broomstick!

"It's a broomstick!" Harry and I exclaimed.

"Not just any broomstick, Harry and Olivia! It's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron explained wide eyed.

"But who?"

I nudged Harry and pointed discreetly to where our owls had landed. They sat next to Professor McGonagall, who pet them happily while she smiled at us all...

I gave Harry the biggest hug before he headed off towards the locker rooms to change and get ready for his match. Ron, Hermione and I dressed warmly as it was a chilly November day outside. We made our way down to the Quidditch Pitch and sat in the Gryffindor section of the stands. We waited and eventually the Gryffindor door opened revealing the team. The came flying out on their brooms. The crowds cheering were loud and filled the air.

"Go, Harry!" I cheered loudly. He flew onto the pitch and we made eye contact. He gulped and waved slightly and I waved back basically flailing my arms in the air. He chuckled and seemed to relax some.