Chapter 6: Peter

Choose Me

An annoying beeping noise had me opening my eyes slowly and immediately I recognized exactly where I was.. In one of the rooms in the pack's clinic.

My body was aching all over. It felt like I was literally beaten with a slug hammer. My mouth and throat felt dry and all I wanted right now was some water. My droopy eyes, that kept closing and opening sleepily on their own start to dart around the room looking for anyone. My eyes stopped on the partly open white sleek door. There were two people standing outside the door arguing and I recognize both voices immediately.

"Cole, you can't be serious," Christina cried. "He's my boyfriend." I heard Cole scoff rudely.

"And I'm his mate Chris, life fucking partner. What ever you two had was over when I stepped on this pack ground." He growled. I heard Christina cry out in frustration.

"You know," she sniffled. "I thought I'd be happy to see you when you first got home, but now.. Now I just wish you'd go back to wherever you came from." She yelled at her brother angrily, then stormed off. I heard Cole sigh as he watched her go. I frowned. They couldn't be arguing about me. I'd never want that. Christina was always the most happiest when she talked about her brother. Now she was off crying hating him because of me.

"Peter?" I heard Cole's voice cut through my thoughts. My body immediately reacted to the way he said my name. A warm comforting heat pass threw out me instantly causing the aching in my body to slightly dissipate. I was still hurting but not as much. When my eyes landed on him I couldn't stop the small smile that appeared on my lips. Sitting up slowly and leaning my back up against the wall behind me. He started to come in the room and hold out his hands to help, but stopped, deciding against it. Instead just asking, "Would you like some water?" I nodded keeping the friendly smile on my face. Walking completely into the room now, leaving the door slightly open he moved to the table a little way from my bed a poured me a cup of water. After nodding a indicating a thank you, I drunk the water in one gulp. Pondering on the cool feeling lingering in my throat, it was safe to say I could talk now without my voice cracking on me. So, I greeted him.

"Cole, right?" I asked. He smiled and nodded while taking the cup out of my hands and placing it back on the table he took it from.

"Yeah, that's my name." He said in conformation. "I'm also Christina's.."

"Brother. Yeah, I know." He nodded and stood right next to my bedside. Up close Cole was much more handsome, and I couldn't stop my eyes from roaming. Well that's until he cleared his throat. I quickly focused my eyes back on his face. He smiled at me knowingly and my face immediately heated up. He of course realized my embarrassment, because he cleared his throat and started talking again.

"The doctor said you'd be just fine. He'll probably come in again and check you over once more, then I can take you home." He explained. I nodded and casted my eyes back over to the slightly open door.

"Where did Christina go?" Cole looked away from me at the machine that was still annoyingly beeping.

"She's umm, going to cool off." He murmured. "Today wasn't one of her best days." He sighed heavily and he moved his eyes back on my face. Though he had a calm smile on his face. I could tell he wasn't in a smiling mood. But, he was keeping it plastered there so he wouldn't worry me. "Do you remember anything that happen?" He asked all of a sudden. I shrugged and looked around the room before my eyes landed on my legs. The memories slowly started to flood back in. I gasped and yanked the cover off of my lower body. But took a deep breath when I caught sight of my legs. Not a huge fish tail. Cole had chuckled softly and I blushed.