Chapter 3: Peter

Becoming A Creature Of The Deep

"Hey baby, are you okay?" Christina asked as she slowly made her way down the three stairs that lead into the living room. I leaned my head against the back of the sofa and sighed as I nodded my head softly.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I tried to reassure her. But, I wasn't sure myself. My body had been aching all day and it was only getting worse. I felt like I was being cooked from the inside. I wasn't sweating but I felt over heated. I frowned as I looked up at the ceiling. The fan was on full blast. Christina looked me over and I could tell she was over thinking things again. "Stop." I mumbled.

"Hmm? Stop what," she asked with a questionable look on her face. "I'm not doing anything." She quickly defended herself, putting on her innocent act. I scoffed.

"Yes you are,you think this has something to do with that whole mate thing." I said with a soft sigh.

"Well..." She chimed. "All the signs point to it," she pointed out. "I mean look at you! Your totally going into heat." She comment with a soft giggle. I wrinkled my nose as I cased my eyes over to the corner.
"How is that funny?! Is me being humped by another girl that's not you funny?" I joked. She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"She won't enjoy it. Trust me." She teased. I looked at her completely caught off guard by her comment.

"I beg your pardon, you seem to enjoy every moment of it!" I shot back.

"Trust me. A woman knows how to fake an orgasm." She said waving me off and going into the kitchen. I scoffed and threw a sofa pillow after her.

"Not you! You can't even lie to your parents." I noted. I heard her let out a loud laugh.

I was now hanging out at my girlfriend Christina's house. I spent most of my days here even though we've only been dating for a few months I feel she's the one. I want her to be the one, at least.

But, there was this nagging feeling telling me she wasn't that person, i'd be spending the rest of my life with. She already understood though. She had a mate out there also since she was a werewolf. I had met Christina when we first move here to our new pack ground. She was apart of Leo's old pack, but I had never met her tell only this year. She was a quiet girl and stayed to herself. Very pretty. She was definitely my type, so why had their goddess not given me the girl I was beginning to fall in love with. I snapped out of my thoughts by a soft knock at the front door.

"Peter please get that." She yelled. I wanted to tell her no. She knew I wasn't feeling so great so I had to get out of my comfort spot to answer her door when we both knew damn well it wasn't even for me. But, because I'm not a guy to really argue or speak my mind. I didn't say those things.

"Alright." I called back. I sighed heavily, then heaved myself up off the sofa. I tiredly strolled over to the door. But, I regretted that soon after. Pain took over me every time I took a step towards the door, the burning feeling grew stronger and stronger, it got to the point where I could barely stand. "Christina." I wheezed. As my breathing picked up. My mouth started to dry and it felt like all the moister from my body was being sucked out of me and dissipating into the air. I leaned my body up against the wall next to the door. Awe shit! Something was wrong. I let my body slide down against the wall tell my bottom hit the floor. The cool tile underneath me felt good against my warm skin. I closed my eyes and rested my head back against the wall. My body felt heavy and I was starting to feel drowsy. "Chris..." I started to scream again, but a loud scream suddenly filled the air. I tiredly moved my eyes to looked over towards where it was coming from.

Christina was standing in the kitchen opening looking over at me in horror. What was going on? Why was she looking at me like that. A painful surge shot up my legs to my back and I started to feel my mouth dry out. My vision blurred, but I'm pretty sure what I was seeing was real. My legs.. They were mending together! What the hell was going on?! Another very painful surge shot through my body and I screamed out at the top of my lungs. Oh god! What was going on? Loud banging noises suddenly surrounded me, then a loud crash followed ending the commotion with Christina gasping.