Chapter 8: Kyle

Never Letting Go Again

I was sitting up in bed with my legs drawn up to my chest and my arms wrapped around my knees. Leo was laying next to me and had fallen back to sleep a few hours ago. We were now laying in the room i'd be sharing with my mate and I gotta say I was okay with this! His scent was all over the place and I couldn't ever get enough of Leo's scent before, so this time things shouldn't be any different.

However, things were different. I wasn't the same Kyle that Leo was just starting to get to know five years ago. I had changed in an instant. None of it was his fault, but he was going to have to be the one to suffer with it. I sighed and rested my forehead on my knees. Was it true? The fire, was it not me and Eddy's fault? Well, if you actually look at it now.. There was no actual way me and Eddy could set the building on fire. It went up in flames to quickly and the lunch ladies.. Why would they be in the kitchen area so after 12 AM. I shook my head softly. It all made since now, but why me and Eddy?.. Why me? Why did he target us to torment?

So many unanswered questions, but the question I only really wanted answered is.. "Why did he do that to me?" I murmured.

"Kyle?" I heard Leo's groggy voice call out to me. I picked my head up and looked over to him. He had turned to look at the time on the clock and I saw his brows knit together as he frowned. "It's three in the morning, why are you still up?" A small smile appeared on my lips. Leaning down into the covers I snuggled up to him and buried my face into his side. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me securely.

"You snore." I teased. "That's why I couldn't sleep." He scoffed.

"I find that hard to believe." He retorted. I smiled up at him and he looked down at me. Leaning up I hesitated for a bit because I really wasn't ready to go any further then a kiss. But, I trusted Leo, he wouldn't do anything that I wasn't comfortable with. Like now he was staring right at me waiting to make the first move, it would be okay this was Leo we were talking about, my mate, an alpha, who completely had total control of his wolf.. I think. Sighing, I leaned the rest of the way up and pressed my lips firmly against his.

The kiss was passionate, aware, careful.. I could feel he wanted more, I could feel he wanted to press against my lips more. But, he didn't and I was so grateful to that because honestly I didn't know how I'd reacted if we went further then this. When I leaned away from him and my eyes fluttered open, he was already staring at me, with a soft smile on his face. There.. There was another emotion, something I didn't want to point out. It would only make me feel bad for leaving, don't get me wrong I completely think leaving was the best idea I ever made at that age, but leaving behind my best friend and mate.. If only I could have taken them with me. Then I wouldn't have been getting these looks from them..

Where were you?

Why did you leave me?

What had took you so long to return?

Those looks, the look that made you feel guilty, that made you feel regretful.. I want to keep saying sorry over and over again. But, I think if I kept saying it they'd keep on lying and saying they were okay, they were fine with it. As long as I'm.. Back.. Now.. It'd be lies though! I saw how Eddy just broke the instant I walked into his home. How Leo pulled me into his arms and didn't want to let go. They were lost without me and honestly, I was lost without them.

I gave Leo a smile back before laying my head down on his chest and wrapping my arms snugly around him, cuddling into his side once more. I heard and felt his heart felt chuckle as he placed a kiss on my forehead that had me closing my eyes as I relished in the tingles and his warmth. "You're too fucking cute." He mumbled into my hair. I scoffed.