Chapter 10: Eddy

Nothing Good Will Come From This

"This is a horrible idea." I told Max, my voice giving away how irritated I was. Max sighed heavily. It was most likely also a sigh of irritation because I had been saying this ever since I watch him feed the kid, then put him to bed in one of our guest rooms. We were both now lying in our bedroom the room completely bathed in darkness.

"Eddy, please just.."

"I mean think about it, you just found a random kid hiding in a well guarded pack ground." I deadpan.

"Eddy.."

"That's not the only strange part though," I said sitting up now, flicking on my bedside table lamp. "How could he hide so well from patrol, where did he hide away so well from patrol?" I stressed looking towards Max, who's back was turned towards me. "Max," I called to him. "Don't you think any of this seems weird?" Max didn't answer me, he stayed quiet for a long moment before sitting up in the bed also. When his eyes landed on me, a calm look resigned in his eyes. Awe hell, here we go!

"Eddy, I know for some reason, having a kid around scares you but,"

"For fuck sake Max," I practically yelled as I fully turned my body towards him. "This has nothing to do with me and you starting a family. That," I said pointing my finger towards the close door, that I remembered leaving a crack in before getting in bed. "That brat isn't any kind of kid I want to raise, there is something creepy about him. How can you not feel it, how can you not see it, it's practically pulsing off him, having that kid around feels dangerous!"

"Goddess Eddy, why do you always do this?!" He yelled angrily at me as he stood up out of bed and started pacing our room. "He's just a kid who happen to be a homeless werewolf, who hid in the woods, that just so happen to be on our pack ground. Why does everything have to have an explanation for you?" He fumed.

"Because it just seems strange to me."I shot back.

"Right Eddy, just to you! Everyone else who knows about the kid felt concerned, sadden, angry of why a child, was alone in the wood fending for themselves."

"Well you and those people are stupid." I snorted. "Because this situation seems strange all around." Max chest was heaving and anger.

"I just-I just don't know what to say or do with you," He breathed out. His breathing now calming down and his body slumping in defeat. "Everyday I asked the goddess what have I done to deserve a mate like you," My eyes widen at his words, "You are the most angriest, selfish, ungrateful person I've ever met. And I didn't see my life playing out like this." He breathed. "I didn't want a male mate, but I was grateful to have been blessed with a mate. I didn't want to wait to mate for all these years, but I'm not a selfish person and because of what you were going through I considered your feelings first before mines. Eddy, you piss me off every single day, it never fails, but I realize you honestly don't seem to realize your doing it so I try not to stay angry with you for the entire day." His eyes were starting to tear up.

"This isn't only about Paige, this is about you learning to accept change and dealing with it. This is about you becoming more accepting, more grateful, and live a more happier life," tears started down his face. "Because if you can't take anything good from this situation, I think it'd be best if we spend a little time apart." He finished. A ping of pain surge through my body and tears I hadn't realize were forming started to fall down my face.

"Max, I.." I started to say but my voice cracked.

"No Eddy, I can't have you making Paige feel uncomfortable while he's staying here as we look for his family. Go and stay with Peter for a while."

"You-you can't be serious, Max..."

"See," he sighed softly as he wiped away a tear sliding down to his chin. "You don't ever take anything seriously, it's time for you to grow up Eddy, you aren't fifteen anymore." Max started for the bedroom door and I was out of the bed in an instant blocking the door with my body. "Move Eddy." He sighed.

"No," I cried. "Max, I'm sorry okay, I'm so sorry! If this is about the adoption earlier I'm sorry, but I did it for a good reason Max! The kid already had a family he wanted to be with." I explained quickly, the desperation clear in my voice for him to understand and believe me. Max looked me in the eyes.

"Then if that was the case you should have pulled me to the side and explained it to me. Don't just go and decide things on your own and make a fool out of me and your parents." He scolded. I nodded my head quickly.

"Okay, I'm sorry." My eyes were looking into his pleading for him to take back what he said about us taking a break.

"But, what I said still stands. This break will be good for the both of us."

"No!" I yelled. "No it won't. Max, it may not seem like it sometimes, but I love you, I love you so much and if us going and adopting a kid right now will prove that then let's go do it! You mean everything to me, I.."

"Eddy stop." He said grabbing my tear stained face in between his hands and wiping away the wet spots that settled under my eyes. It was no use of him doing that because tears were still falling. I stop talking on the spot and just stared up at him. My tears increase when I see the look in his eyes. He wasn't changing his mind. He leaned down and pressed his warm lips to mine both of our eyes closed at the same time as a tender kiss that only lasted a second or two was shared between us. When he moved away and stood to his full height he dropped his hands back down to his sides. "Eddy, I love you, and I know you love me. That still doesn't change the fact that you need time to work on yourself, I always knew we rushed into this relationship, goddess you were only fifteen. I didn't give you anytime to be a teenager, I'll admit to that. But, this time I'm going to give you all the time you need." He said giving me a sad smile.

I didn't need anytime away from him, I didn't want to 'take a break', all I wanted was for him to understand that I only say and do those things to protect him. Yes, I need a little work, but separating won't help that!

"Max," I cried dropping my head, my eyes on to the floor, the heavy flow of tears starting up again. "I don't want to separate." He didn't saying anything for a long moment. I could feel him watching me and I'm sure I looked a mess.

The short silence was broken when he stepped up to me and wrapped me up in his arms. He held me for a moment then gently moved me away from the door off to the side of it. Before letting me go he kissed the top of my head and whispered. "It's for the best." Then left out of the room closing the door behind him.

The force of him walking out came down on me like a ton of bricks, and I had went down to the floor and curled my body up into a ball. I was already missing him, the room felt completely cold without his presence. How long was this 'break' going to be, how long was I going to have to wait to see, touch, hold, and kiss him again?

See, I knew nothing good was going to come from that kid being here, and I knew it was only going to get worse!