Chapter 7: Eddy

No Children Allowed

After Kyle left and I pulled myself together. I slowly got to my feet and walked over to the tray that had once been filled with cookies. I chuckled under my breath after remembering how Kyle had came back in here before he left and filled his hand with the remaining cookies and took his leave. I picked up the empty tray and made my way to the kitchen and placed the tray inside the sink. Sighing loudly, I had silently made up my mind that it was time for a hot shower. I tiredly shuffled out of the kitchen and down the hallway to my bedroom I shared with Max. As soon as I walked in I went straight for my dresser, then got out some boxer briefs and and a plain white muscle shirt. I went into the bathroom connected to our room and turned on the shower, fixing the water to a steaming temperature.

After I finished my shower which took longer then expected, when I walked out the bathroom and over to the night stand I looked at the time and it said 1:48 am. I frowned. Had I been in the shower that long? Well, I did have a lot on my mind. But, mostly the only thing I thought about is apologizing to Max. He should be home for his break already. I ruffled the towel that I had around my shoulders threw my hair, then placed it on our bed. When I entered the hallway I heard dishes clinking and Max scent filled the house. I smiled at the warm feeling I got when his scent surrounded me. But, my bliss quickly died when an unfamiliar scent was caught in a tangle with his.

Why was he bringing a guest home this late? Maybe a fellow patroller?.. I shrugged and continued the rest of the way down the hallway and stopped in the kitchen opening. I smiled as I saw the back of Max's tall frame. He was washing a plate and a small bowl. I slowly made my way up behind him and started to wrap my arms around his waist. He didn't stop washing the dish, but he did sigh.

"I hate when we fight." I whispered against his back. The side of my face pressed up right against him. He hummed in agreement. The water turned off and I felt him moving to turn around in my arms so I back away slight and loosen my grip around him a little. He wrapped his arms around me also and I smiled up at him softly, he returned the smile. "I'm sorry for always making you angry Max, but I swear to you I don't do things to anger you on impulse." I tried to explained to my mate. He chuckled.

"Trust me, I know that. I think it just comes naturally to you." It was my turn to chuckle. "You know no matter what you do, I can't help but forgive you. I'm too smitten." I snorted at that and he laughed. "It's true!" He continued. " I love you Eddy, your the best thing that ever happen to me. I wouldn't trade you away even if I had a choice." I smiled and buried my face into his chest, tightening my hold on him. He buried his face into my hair and tighten his hold on me also.

"I love you too Max." We stood there in silence for a bit until the shower in the guest bathroom down the hall not to far from the kitchen turned on. I frowned and pulled away from Max and looked toward the opening of the kitchen. "Do we have company?" I asked him with a frown, turning to look back up at my mate. His face had a guarded expression, he was making sure his facial features didn't give anything away. That made me put my guard up! Backing out of his grip I moved on the other side of the island in the middle of our kitchen and crossed my arms over my chest. "Max." I called giving him a look, to let him know I was waiting for him to tell me what was going on.

He sighed and nodded. "Okay, okay.. Umm, do you remember when I told you someone was coming into our territory and hunting on our grounds?" I looked around the kitchen then nodded as my eyes went back on him.

"Yes, of course I remember. You were complaining about it for weeks now." He nodded at my statement in agreement, then he cleared his throat before he continued.

"Well, we caught the culprit." I nodded slowly.

"Okay, but please don't tell me that's the culprit cleaning themselves in my bathroom." I stressed. The look on his face told me enough. "Max, What the hell!?" I hissed. " What the fuck have I told you about being so nice, see I told your brother you were too soft for the beta position!" I ranted.

"Eddy.."

"No Max, you invite a trespasser into our home! What next a fucking killer? Oh, wait! They might be that also." I yelled.

"Eddy, he.."

"Oh, just fucking great, the trespasser is a he! Is he old and fragile? Or is he a fucking hottie you just couldn't leave to survive on his own?!Why didn't you follow the protocol like you were suppose to when you catch a trespasser?"

"Because Eddy," Max started to yell back at me but the bathroom door open and in came walking through the kitchen opening was a small blonde haired boy about ten or eleven. His hair was damp and he had a towel hanging around his shoulders. In his hand he was holding a set of really old, dirty, smelly clothes. To say I was shock was an understatement.

"Umm, Mr. Max.. What should I do with these?" The little boy asked holding out the old clothes.

"I'll take them." Max said grabbing a bag from the cabinet underneath our sink. He told the boy to put them in the bag and Max tied the bag up, then tossed it in the bin. Max nodded and turned and smiled at the boy. "Oh! Those old clothes fit you well." He told the boy with a friendly smile. The boy gave him a smile back before his eyes came to settle on me. He looked me over and I narrowed my eyes at him. He didn't seem, threaten though, only curious.

"Who is he?" He asked Max, pointing a finger at me.

"Oh," Max said, like he forgot I was standing here. He moved behind the boy and place his hands on the boy's shoulders. "Eddy this is Paige, and Paige this is.."

"Never mind all the introduction Max, when are you turning the little brat over to the patrol?" I asked my mate not caring the the boy was now glaring at me hatefully. Yeah, well kid the feeling is mutual. Max sighed and shook his head, pulling the boy back closer to him.

"I'm not turning him in Eddy, he's going to be living here until we find out where his family or pack is." I felt my face heat up as the anger I was starting to feel boiled to the surface.

"The hell he is!"

******************************************************************

(Picture Of Paige..)