Chapter 9: Peter

Decisions

I had to.. I had no choice but to run.

I needed to think! I needed to think without other people around.

Without Cole and Christina around.

Sighing, I let my body fall back on top of the old creaky mattress. I was now in a motel a state away from where the pack resigned. If I need space from those two I had to go far. Oh freaking goddess, what was I going to do. What kind of mess did you get me into woman. Maybe it's the obvious choice to some, but to me..

To me, Christina would've end up being my choice. I wanted to turn Cole down right when he asked. But, something stopped me. A nagging feeling telling me if I'd rejected him it would have been the second biggest mistake of my life. The first being when I let my sister follow that.. that.. That monster.

Sighing, my eyes followed the many wet spots on the old ceiling.

I'd just think about this whole mess tomorrow, I'd been driving for a whole day only taking two breaks, and now I was completely spent. I'd sleep tonight, think about a solution tomorrow. Sitting up, I kicked off my shoes and stood to my feet, after heading to the little bathroom off to the far side of the room and taking a quick shower. Right when I got back into the room and near the bed my body dropped onto the welcoming mattress in exhaustion. I crept up the cover slowly and buried my body under the warm inviting blanket. Slowly my eyes closed and sleep took over.

I didn't know how long I had been out when I heard the howl pierce the air. My eyes instantly flew open and my heart picked up speed. They had found me! Of course they had found me. I popped up out of the bed when I heard another howl this one even closer. I had to get out of here.

Quickly getting out of the bed I hurried and put on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt I had slung over a chair near the only window in the room that faced out towards the parking lot. I grabbed my bag and quickly placed it around my neck. Another howl rung through the air and it sounded like it was right outside. My heart dropped and so did I.

The room was already completely dark, the only light was the one coming from outside into the room through the thin curtained window, that the building had attached to it's under walkway ceiling and a street lamp not to far from my room. Soon after the last howl, I heard voices.

"Alpha Greg," The voice I recognize to be the motel clerk that had signed me in. "I do believe we've been up to code on everything, so I'm sure there is no reason you should be paying me a visit tonight." The man's voice clearly showed how uncomfortable he was with this 'Alpha Greg'.

"I'm not here to evaluate this disgusting motel your father calls a business Toby," Alpha Greg seethed. From the sound of how deep his voice was I was and how much venom he held to his words, I was started to become uncomfortable also. "Did a boy around his early twenties check in here?" It was quiet for a moment before Toby answered.

"No, I don't think there was such a person." He lied..

Wait!

Why?

"Toby, it's very important if you tell me if the boy is actually here or not. He used scent masking and his pack can't catch a track on him but they know for a fact he came through here." He explained to the younger man in a serious manner.