Chapter 2: Kyle

Welcome Home

"Home sweet home." Cole said as we drove down the rocky path to our new pack camp. We had made it back early then expected. Twelve in the afternoon and I was beyond pumped. It was really hard to find the path and Cole was about to just give up and drive through the woods. But, I had ended up spotting it. The pack camp seemed like it was very far out for any civilization because the last town we passed was maybe 3 to 4 hours away. And this path was really had to find. I guess they hid well. We drove for about an hour down the path then came up to a big black iron gate. was connected to two big post with lighting lamps on top of them. There was a security box were two young guards walked out of on the other side of the closed gate and I nodded.

"Wow. Impressive." I teased. Cole rolled his eyes at me as we came to a stop at the front of the gate. The two young male guards we didn't recognize smiled as they let the big gate creak open slightly enough for the smaller guard out of the two could pass through, when they seem to recognize Cole and me.

"Oh! Alpha." The young guard said towards me in a surprise tone. "Head leader in command." He bowed slightly to Cole. "We weren't expecting you until the end of this month." He said flipping through some papers on a clipboard he was holding.

"We decided to come back a little earlier then that." Cole said in a authority voice i've never heard him use. I looked at him with a bemuse face and shook my head when I saw him glaring at me from the corner of his eyes as I held back a laugh.

"Look, it's nice meeting you and all but could you let us thru. I'm tired and I want to see my best friend and mate..."

"Oh! Of course." He quickly cut me off. He looked over to the serious looking guy behind the gate. "Open it up. It's the alpha and head commander." He told the guy, who immediately bowed towards us and quickly ran into the security booth, then opened the gate. Cole thanked him and started to drive through.

"Wait!" I yelled and Cole came to a quick stop sending both of our bodies flying forward. I looked over at him surprised and he was glaring at me full on.

"What Kyle?" He fumed. I looked at him innocently.

"I just wanted you to tell him not to tell anyone we're here." I murmured. Cole smacked his lips.

"He knows that." He said waving me off and went back driving on. After about thirty minutes the pack ground came into view. I smiled looking over all the houses and small stores. I swear it looked like a small town that was hiding in the middle of the woods. There were different streets with signs showing which ways to go for different things when you first pull into the pack camp. One pointed straight ahead that said beta and alpha's living quarters. I looked over at Cole, as my nerves started to pick up. He smiled over at me then ruffled my hair.

"You'll be okay silly. I'm sure they missed you." He tried to assure me. I scoffed. He didn't know that for sure. I hadn't talk to Eddy in a year and he didn't even know I was coming home. I hadn't talk to Leo at all since the day I had gone from the old pack ground. So if you really looked at it. Everything probably was going to be a complete mess.

"I'll drop you off at the Alpha's first then, i'll go see my family and spend time with them to give you and him some time alone, then tomorrow i'll come over and pay my respects." He said as he started down the dirt road towards Leo. I took slow steady deep breaths. I thought I was going to be really excited to see him. But now... Now, I was feeling hell of nervous. As we drove down the road slowly, I notice that the pack seemed to have grown and everyone was more lively then when me and Eddy were younger. Young kids were playing on the streets while their parents went shopping from store to store. Teen boys were playing basketball at a gated court that was set up next to a big lake where a few teen girls and boys were playing in the water, while other sat on the shore line talk and tapping away on their phones. Everyone seemed really happy and free. It was a nice sight. I always knew Leo and Max were going become great leaders and make everyone feel safe. Stuck in thought I didn't even know we had stopped. "I think this is it." Cole said turning off the engine.