Chapter 1: Eddy

Copyright © 2016 by CozyBXBLover. All rights reserved.

Adoption Gone Wrong

"I can't believe you." Max mumbled under his breath as we walked through the door of our house.

"Oh! He speaks." I scoffed and pushed passed him to get to the kitchen so I could start on our dinner.

"He was literally in the palm of our hands Eddy. In. The. Palm. Of. Our. Hands." He improvised.

"I heard you the first time Max! Damn." I yelled. As I made my way towards the fridge and got everything I would need to start cooking. I heard the front door slam and loud footsteps making their way to the back of the house where the bedrooms were. "Quit making a big deal out of nothing we're still young their is plenty of time to adopt Max." I assure him as I started taking stuff out of packages and preparing the ingredients. I knew I hit a spot when I said that. I always hit a spot when I say that. I heard those same loud footsteps making their way back to the front of the house and stopped right behind me in the kitchen doorway.

"Your still young Eddy. I'm nearly 30 and in dog year that's past death worthy." He argued. A small smile crept up on my face as I tried to force myself not to laugh. "Your trying not to laugh are you?" He grumbled. I shook my head quickly and turned towards him as I tried to keep a straight face.

"You don't look it one bit." I teased and burst into laughter.

"Oh grow up Eddy!" He boomed "I'm being serious right now, but you don't seem to know what that is do you?" He churned. I stopped laughing dry and glared at him.

"Oh fuck off you prick." I spat.

"I wouldn't be bothering you if I had our son with me. Your ruined everything!" He argued and marched out of the kitchen and started to the back of the house again.

"What the hell is this attack Eddy day?!" I yelled.

"Don't pull that damn card on me! You did wrong and you need to step up and take responsibilities for your action!" Max yelled back.

"Oh, Would you just shut up! It wasn't going to work out in the first place. I'm not ready for a kid. You and mom are. But, I'm not! I told you this 100 times already, way before you called the adoption agency. I. Wasn't. Ready. Actually I don't think I ever will be so drop it! It's over. We can't have your little bundle of joy. The kid seemed like he was going be a hand full anyway." I shot back. I sighed heavily when I hard his loud stomping coming back towards the front of the house and I turned around towards the door way just as he got to it.

"How could you... You don't know how it would have turned out! Why couldn't you just try for me Eddy! You don't know what you've done when you rejected to put your signature on the application and then insulting the kid when hewas right there." He growled, pure anger drooling from his voice.

"Is the kid here?" I asked him as I started to look around the the kitchen. "No right? Then I think I clearly understood what I was doing." I said shrugging my shoulders and turned back to what I was doing. I know Max was staring me down and not in a good way.

"Forget about dinner, i'm not hungry and I'm sleeping in my office tonight." He mumbled. He was still there. Waiting for me to say something. I knew what he wanted. An apology. But, I couldn't really say sorry when I never did anything wrong. Well to them it was wrong, but to the little boy I actually did him a huge favor and no I don't mean me not becoming his daddy. I mean him being able to be adopted by the family he really wanted to be adopted by.

{•Few Hours Earlier•}

"Oh my! He's so beautiful." Eddy's mom cooed as she watched the little boy sleep. "He looks just like the both of you!" She added quickly. Eddy's dad leaned over his wife's shoulder and nodded in agreement as his eye landed on the child.