Chapter 4: Kyle (Part 1)

Don't Disappear Ever Again

Leo couldn't take his eyes off of me. We were sitting in his office. He was sitting at his desk while I was sitting on a love seat off the side of the room near a window. I had my legs crossed over the other as I looked over a magazine he had laying on a coffee table in front of the small love seat. He was suppose to be finishing up the last bit of work he had left but so we could finish catching up, that wasn't starting to look like the case right now though.

"I missed you." He said for the thousand time since I walked in this room. I slowly brought the magazine down from my face and placed it in my lap, then nodded as a small smile played on my lips.

"I missed you too." I assured him. He smiled a little then it slowly disappeared. His face went from happy to, curious with a hint of pain edge into it. I think I knew what was coming so I sat up and waiting for him to ask what he was thinking.

"Why'd you leave me Kyle?" He finally asked with a heavy sigh. "Why'd you run away from me?" His voice cracked a little bit on his second question making me cast my eyes off to the side away from him as he put his head down and wiped at his eyes. "You left with us on a bad note. What I did to you.. What I had said to you. How I acted towards you. I know I was wrong, but I was planning on making it up to you." His voice held truth and I didn't doubt him for a minute. But, he had to know the reason I left wasn't actually his fault. Not completely. I left for me. For some reason I wasn't quite ready to explain that to him.

I stood up as I notice a painting on the wall I had been scanning near the door. It was a picture of two wolves cuddling under a full moon. One the color of Leo's and the other the color of mines, on a small piece of plaque at the bottom of the picture written in cursive was "My Only Love". I smiled. "Is this us?" I asked and pointed to the picture and turned toward Leo's desk but he wasn't there. I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, that's suppose to be us." I nearly jumped out of my shoes as spun around and saw Leo standing behind me.

"How come I didn't hear you.."

"What kind of alpha would I be if I didn't know how to sneak up on my pray?" He teased. I laughed. A smirked played on his lips as he started to back me up against the wall next to the picture of our wolves. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he placed his hands on my hips. He rested his forehead against mine and closed his eyes sighing in content. I pressed my forehead forward against his and closed my eyes also. Both of us let those warm tangles free themselves and roam through out our body. "I waited for this moment for five long years. Which felt like a life time." I smiled and scoffed. "I'm serious! I replayed this moment in my head over and over again. But, I never figure it'd be like this." He chuckled. I moved my forehead away from his and looked up at him. He opened his eyes and laughed. "What?"

"How'd you think it was going to be?" I asked curiously as I smiled up at him softly. He looked down, then looked me back in the eyes.

"Honestly, I thought you were going to be upset with me. I thought I was going to go and have to look for you again.. I didn't think you were going to ever come back. So when I did find you there was this silly thought in my head that you were going to hate me and you'd say you never wanted to see me again. I thought..." His voice was trembling and his eyes were watering. I quickly shook my head. Not wanting him to finish that sentence, I place my hands on both sides of his face and leaned up placing a tender kiss on his lips closing my eyes in the process. I let my lips linger on his for a bit before moving away from his lips slowly.

I rested my forehead against his and took in this warm feeling that shot through me when I kissed him. Leo had no idea how much I missed him. I couldn't let what happen to me.. Between us take how much I cared for him away. I loved him more then he knew and I wouldn't be back here if I didn't. "Don't ever think like that again." I whispered. He chuckled.