Chapter 2 - Goodbyes and Hellos

"First call for Flight 206 to Los Angeles," I hear the intercom lady say.

So this is it?

"Maddie!" Felicity nearly screams so loud everyone would have heard her.

I stand up and she does too and she hugs me so tight my lungs become oxygen deprived.

I hug her back, knowing this could be the last hug I ever give my best friend for a long time-or ever again.

"I love you, Madz," Filly whispers in my ear. Tears begin to roll down my cheek at her words.

"I love you, too, Filly," I reply.

Finally, we break our hug and not even a second after Filly has stepped away from me, Andy attacks me with a hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much," Andy says, trying not to cry.

"I know! I'm going to miss you, too!" I tell him. "Promise you'll tell me when you finally get yourself a girlfriend," I say, bringing up an inside joke between he, Filly, and I about how he never gets a girlfriend even though he is certainly not gay.

"Oh, ha ha. Funny, Maddie!" He returns, laughing sarcastically at me.

He lets me go and I turn to Ryder.

He picks me up and hugs me as tight as he can, knowing we won't be in each others lives anymore.

"I love you," he whispers quietly.

The tears keep flowing from my eyes, most likely getting Ryder's short wet, as I am nuzzling my face into his shoulder.

"I love you, too," I say just as quietly.

"Second call for Flight 206 to Los Angeles," the intercom lady booms.

Ryder sets me down before quickly kissing my lips one last time...

"Lets go Maddie," my dad calls to me.

I look at my friends and smile sadly.

"Don't have to much fun on the beach, okay?" Filly says laughing.

"Okay," I laugh in response before gathering my total of four suitcases and walking away. As soon as I get to the gate and hand off the three bags I won't carry on, I look back at my trio of friends, seeing sad smiles on their faces that I'm sure my face mimics.

I wave one last time and mouth the words, "I love you," to all three of them, before turning to leave them for good.

On the plane I was lucky enough to get a seat next to someone normal, and not some weirdo who decides they're just take a nap on my shoulder.

I just curl up in my seat preparing for the plane ride that will last over three hours with a new book I bought called "Divergent".

Three and a half hours passes by pretty quickly when you're engrossed in reading an amazing book. I've now nearly read the entire book and I'm team Tobias and I'm definitely Dauntless.

As soon as we're allowed to leave the plane, I grab my carry-on and nearly bolt for the door.

*****

Sun. That's the only word that came to my mind the second I stepped foot in my new house.

There are so many windows in just the front room, allowing sun beams to open the room with light.

"Pick any room," my dad tells me.

"Any room?" I ask incredulously.

He nods and I leave my bags by the door and bolt around the house, scouting out the bedrooms and trying to decide which would be my favorite.

On the second floor I find a large room with an entire wall being a huge window. It has two extremely large closets, one on one wall next to the window, one opposite of that.

Adjoining the room is a decent sized bathroom.

"Dad! I found my room!" I yell down at him.

Seconds later he appears with all four of my bags.

He smiles at me before saying, "I have a feeling were going to like it here!"

After I've semi settled into my room, it's only 12 o'clock because of the time change.

So I decide to take my time to go to local beach. I grab a black bikini and a cover up along with a few other beach essentials before taking the rental car down to the beach I found out about on the Internet.

Once I get there, it's pretty crowded, but not horribly.

I find a spot to lay my towel out and lay down, enjoying the new feeling of the California sun beating down on my skin.

After only about two minutes if peace, I get hit in the head.

I open my eyes and take my sunglasses up to see a guy standing over me.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" He says, crouching down to get a better look at me.

I rub the spot on my forehead and laugh.

"Yeah I'm fine," I tell him.

"Okay good," he says. I take a few seconds to actually look at him. He has brown hair and straight white teeth. I try to see his eye color but I can't see because if the sun.

I smile at him, expecting him to go away but he stays.

"Are you new here? I haven't really seen you here before," he says flashing a smile.

"Uh, yeah," I say laughing a bit. "I literally just flew in like an hour ago."

"Oh, well I'm Sam, and you are?" He introduces himself.

"Oh I'm Madison, but you can call me Maddie."

"Hi Maddie!" He addresses.

"Dude who'd we hit?" I hear a voice say from behind Sam.

I crane my neck to see behind him and see a tall boy jogging up behind him.

"Oh, this is Madison, she's new," Sam informs this guy.

"Oh hi. I'm Kian," the boy says. He has brown hair in a semi-quiff style and he has a broad smile. I can't really see his eyes either. But I can see his earring that look similar to a pair I own.

I wave at him, a bit annoyed that these two guys are still bothering me and not letting me soak in my sun.

"Newbie, huh?" Kian says.

I nod and lay down again, pushing my glasses on my nose and closing my eyes.

"Well I guess we'll see you around!" I hear one of them say.

"Okay! See you," I say, glad for them to be leaving me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. 2 chapters in 2 days... Yippee!

xox -Delilah