Chapter 30 - Over

The kiss with Ryder is just as I remember it. Warm, gentle, passionate, loving...perfect. Our lips move in sync amazingly from the three years of practice we had.

The moment his hand touches my hair, I realize how much I fucked up.

I jump away from Ryder, breaking the kiss off suddenly, gasping for air. Not because I'm out of breath because of the kiss, but because I'm suffocation from the fact that I just kissed my ex-boyfriend while my current boyfriend and probably soon-to-be ex-boyfriend is in the other room, trusting me with Ryder.

"Shit, shit, shit," I curse under my breath.

"I knew you still loved me," Ryder says as if he just won the lottery. I look at him, seeing joy and happiness in his eyes, reminding me further of the mistake I just made.

"What have I done?" I whisper lowly so that Ryder won't hear.

Then Ryder steps closer, putting a finger under my chin and makes my head tilt up. He places his lips on mine, and I again melt into him, kissing him.

Before the kiss can last five seconds, I shove him away, looking at him dangerously. If only looks could kill...

"No, no," I mumble, pulling on my hair.

How could I do this? I just cheated on Kian, and now I'm going to lose him.

Yes, I still love Ryder. Who could get over a love like that in a month? Someone who never loved him in the first place, but I definitely loved him. But at the same time, I love Kian.

No, I don't feel as strongly for Kian as I do for Ryder, but that doesn't mean shit to me.

With Kian, I'm still learning about him and how we work together, and I don't want that to stop.

What am I supposed to do? I just ruined everything.

"Ryder, you should leave," I say, holding back a scream. Tears well up in my eyes and Ryder reaches for me, but I snap. "Don't touch me. Please, just leave."

He looks at me with anger, hurt, and surprise, but he starts to walk towards the door.

I drop to the floor in the kitchen, pulling my legs to my chest and burying my face in my hands as I start to cry. Whilst I'm in my own world feeling sorry for myself, I barely notice the yells of the two guys in the living room.

I pick my pathetic self up off of the floor, making my way quickly to the living room. I see Kian and Ryder, telling in each others faces.

"You bastard! Don't touch her!" Kian yells, tears forming in his eyes. Ryder told him.

He's never going to forgive me, but that's okay. I deserve it. I'm a cheating bitch.

"I can do whatever I want! She was mine first!" Ryder yells back, his face red from anger.

Hold the phone, I'm not an object to be won.

"Well she's obviously not yours anymore or she wouldn't have started dating me!" Kian retorts, his fists clenching and unclenching.

I want more than anything to go over to him and make him relax, but I can't. It's as though I'm stuck watching.

"Really? Then why did she kiss me?" Ryder asks darkly, a smirk on his face.

Kian's strong facial expression falters and I see a look of true hurt and betrayal cross his features.

"Exactly," Ryder says smugly.

This enrages Kian, and he says, "It's funny though, because not once have I heard your name from her mouth before today."

This statement is true, and honestly not that insulting, but it's enough to send Ryder over the edge. He rears his fist back, about to hit Kian, and that's when I spring into action.

But before I can reach the two boys, Ryder's fist makes contact with Kian's jaw, making Kian stumble a bit. As he's about to hit Kian again, I grab his arm, my nails digging into his skin.

"Stop it! Don't touch him again!" I scream at him. He freezes.

He looks at me with hate filled eyes, but they change to eyes with anger yet a little bit of love in them.

Too bad I'm far past the point of falling for that.

"Get out," I seethe, putting myself between Ryder and Kian, pushing Ryder's chest as hard as I can.

He scowls at me, and then looks behind me at Kian. When I glance at him, his eyes are glistening with tears that refuse to fall. He won't look at me whatsoever.

"Whatever," Ryder says, backing away and walking out, slamming the door behind him.

I sigh, knowing that this nightmare isn't over.

"Kian, I-"

"I don't want to hear it," he says, trying to sound strong but his voice cracks a little. He pushes past me, aimed towards the door.

"Kian, just listen to me!" I say, following him and gripping his arm.

He turns to me, anger in his eyes at first.

"Maddie, I can't," he says, looking broken. His hand grabs both of mine, throwing them away from him.

It's in that moment when I realize that I've list him that I realize something else. I truly do love Kian, and I can't lose him.

"Kian, I love you, okay? I made a mistake!" I say truthfully.

I give him a pleading look, which causes a tear to roll down his cheek. His eyes are sad, hurt, and they tell me what I don't want to know. He looks at me one last time before opening the door and walking out, leaving me.

I walk slowly and purposelessly to the couch and collapse onto it, allowing myself to cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So...yeah.

Enjoy!

Expect an update in the next few days!

Oh, and thank you guys for all the votes! You got me up to 2K!:)

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Just letting you guys know: there is a sequel to this! It's named Over Again! Just go to my page to find it if you've already read this!

xox -Delilah