Chapter 28 - Reunited

It's been about a week since Andy and Felicity left, and I seriously miss them so much already.

Of course, I call them every day and tell them basically everything that happens. We also skyped yesterday.

Aside from that, my life is actually pretty amazing.

Kian, of course, is absolutely amazing. Every second I spend with him makes my feelings for him grow even stronger. I feel like I could be in love with him, but I would never admit that because I don't think he feels the same way.

I've always had this problem with doubt. I'm afraid that I always go into things too quickly and get far too attached, resulting in me getting hurt because someone else doesn't feel that way.

My sophomore year, a girl named Kara moved to my school back in Tennessee. We had so many classes together and spent a lot of time with each other. I thought she was my best friend; I would have done anything for her.

Then I came to find out she was only using me and she actually thought I was annoying. She had told basically everyone this, even Filly whom she knew was my way friend.

When Filly told me, I was really hurt that I was so oblivious to the fact that she didn't like me.

So now I try not to get to attached to things so that I don't humiliate myself.

"Okay, Madison, I'm gonna head to work," my dad announces to me, walking up to me and kissing my forehead. I nod, smiling at him.

I can't wait for my dad to get an actual break from work. He seriously works so hard and his boss rarely gives him a day off. Dad never complains though, work apparently calms him.

He walks out the door, waving to me as he leaves.

I stretch out on the couch, still not understanding why I'm awake at six in the morning. I turn on the TV, finding some reruns of wizards of waverly place to watch.

I watch Disney channel for what seems like no time at all, yet it's about four hours.

My phone buzzes next to me, and I quickly answer it when I see that it's Kian.

"Hey, Maddie? I'll be over around noon today, I have to do something for Sam," he says before I can even say hello.

"Oh, okay Kian, see you then I guess," I say, confused at the tone he has in his voice.

"Bye babe." And with that, he hangs up.

That was weird.

I wander to the kitchen, searching desperately for food I know isn't there. It always seems that when I want food, we never have any.

I pull out a notepad and a pen, making a list of things I need to get at the store. When I finish making the long list, I peel it off of the notepad and walk upstairs, getting dressed and fixing my hair. I just choose to brush it out so it doesn't look like I have a rats nest. I grab my purse, making sure that I have money and keys for the little jeep my dad bought me a few weeks ago. I hardly ever use it seeing as I know how to use a skateboard. Also I never really go anywhere that requires me to drive, because I can also walk. But with this huge list, walking with all of those groceries would be pretty difficult.

I go to my bathroom, checking that I look presentable when I hear a knock at the door.

I wider who that is because no one that I'm friends with knocks in the door. They just walk right in. So it's either a stranger, or it's Emily.

Please let it be a stranger.

I grab my purse, hoping the person is just lost so I can get along with my shopping. I walk down the stairs and open the door.