chapter 4

STORYBROOKE

STORYBROOKE

Emma drove to the address that Jefferson gave her and ended up outside a large dark bricked house that seemed to be never-ending. There was an entryway for her to park her car and the house was seemingly lit, welcoming them back.

"Wow, is this your house? Looks more like a hotel." She parked her car and stepped out, admiring the design, "you must have a huge family."

"Nope, it's just me." Jefferson shrugs, beginning to hobble up the stairs.

Feeling bad, Emma reached inside her car to turn off the engine and rushed to help him inside, "here, wait."

Once they had both gotten inside, Jefferson leaves to fix them both tea and leaves Emma in his extremely white living room. There was a large fireplace, with spotless white couches facing the warmth and a glass coffee table where books rested almost all for decoration.

Emma warmed herself by the fireplace, admiring the beauty of the house and wondering why someone who had this place, lived alone. There was enough room for more than ten people to stay in this mansion and yet, Jefferson said that he lived alone.

"Here, I thought you might want to warm up for your search." He returned into the living room with a silver tray, placing it on the coffee table and pouring a drink, "it's cold out there."

"That is kind of you but I think I should get back to it."

"I know, that's why I brought this," Jefferson handed her the cup and moved some of his belongings from the couch so that she could sit down if she wanted to. One of the belongings was a scrolled up map, "I'm a bit of an amateur cartographer, mapping the area is a hobby." He unrolls it on top of the slick black piano as Emma glances over his shoulder, "maybe this will help you track down your dog."

"Wow."

"What's his name?"

"Spot." She stutters slightly, lying about her lost dog but hoping that he wouldn't notice.

Jefferson chuckles slightly and mutters, "cute."

"Well, Route 6 runs the boundary of the forest. So, if I just follow that, I should be able to..."

"Something wrong?" He questioned when she seemed unsteady on her feet, her eyes rolling slightly.

"I'm just feeling a little..."

"Let me help you," his hands wrap around her waist as she loses balance and almost topples to the ground before he stops her.

"...dizzy..."

"Let's just lie you down here. There you go, let me get you some air." He walks across the room

As Jefferson moved around the coffee table, Emma noticed something that she almost wished that she didn't, as she was lying on this angle, she could see that he was no longer injured, "your limp..."