chapter 12

STORYBROOKE

STORYBROOKE

The town was in chaos. Everyone was struggling with the memories in their heads, being torn between the memories of the Enchanted Forest and their fake lives that had been created for them in Storybrooke. No one seemed to know what to do with this new information and they were struggling.

Alice was amongst the residents that was panicking but only on the inside, on the outside, she remained completely neutral because she didn't want to scare her daughter. Grace was coming to terms with her own memory, knowing that Michael Hare was not her father and that her actual father could be out there somewhere - she didn't know that her parents had reunited and not told her.

After the way that Jefferson had run from his family, Alice didn't think it was right to tell her daughter that her father was scared to see her. She played dumb and pretended that she hadn't seen him and therefore, had no idea whether he was even in Storybrooke in the first place.

With their hands pressed tightly together, they headed into the town centre and hoped to track down the man that had disappeared from their lives. Alice knew it was a long shot but she couldn't argue with her daughter, they were desperate to find their loved ones and joined the other residents that were in the same position.

"Red?" She grabbed the arm of the girl, stopping her from flittering past them in a hurry, "hey, what's happening?"

"Oh, Alice, thank goodness you're here, you worked with Archie, right?"

Narrowing her eyes slightly, she didn't know what that had to do with the curse breaking, "yeah, but-"

"That means you have experience with organising." Red explained, running a hand through her hair and looking stressed as she knew most of the residents were counting on her help, "we need someone to handle the missing persons desk, could you take a look?"

"I don't know, Red, I'm super busy-"

Grace tugged at her mother's sleeve as she had heard the conversation, "Mama, what if papa comes to the desk? We can find him."

"Please, Alice...?" Red added, knowing that her friend couldn't handle the pressure from both sides.

"Fine, yes, we can handle the missing persons." She paused and dragged Red away from her daughter, "any sign of Jefferson and you let me know."

Red nodded firmly, wanting the best for her friend and knowing that finding her husband would be the best chance. Then she headed off to try and handle the situation with the residents that were struggling with homes, as people remembered things, their opinions of others changed and they needed somewhere to stay.

Alice hadn't thought about their home. They had been living with Michael because they thought they were a family, that they were married and happy but now she didn't know what to think. She had no idea whether he would let them back in the house and she didn't know whether she wanted to go back. Looking at the line of people with questions and pictures of loved ones, she pushed her feelings away and tried to be brave.