chapter 11

STORYBROOKE

STORYBROOKE

Bridget couldn't believe what she heard from the other nurses. Henry was dead. His reaction to the apple had gotten worse and now he was gone. The little boy with a crazy imagination was gone and she had no idea why the world was so cruel. She couldn't imagine losing Paige in that way; she didn't want to lose her daughter at all and just the thought made her emotional.

Emma and Regina were heartbroken, their son was dead and they couldn't do anything to save him. Regina was more distraught than ever before as she knew that this was her fault, she had been the one to poison the apple and now her son was dead. They rushed back to the hospital to be with him, not wanting to be away from him any longer because it was too late.

Dr Whale knew her daughter was close to the boy and didn't want to keep her longer than her usual shift. He sent her home to get some rest, knowing that it would be difficult to explain this loss to a little girl. Bridget was dreading explaining that Henry had passed away and didn't know how she was going to word it.

As she was crossing the parking lot towards her car, she felt something come over her. A wave of realisation crashed over her, as if she had been woken from a dream and now everything was clear. Everything that had been confusing was now right in front of her and she was overwhelmed with so many emotions and memories.

Her head spun with things that she had forgotten as her brain raced to put the pieces together. Just as she was about to scream with the emotions that she was feeling, she spotted a familiar figure across the parking lot. Her husband. Her real husband. Not the man that the evil queen had created for her to live with, no, she was seeing the man that she had fallen in love with from their first meeting in Wonderland.

Her husband looked defeated, wearing his dark suit and running a hand through his messy hair. As he had never lost his memories, the curse being broken didn't effect him at all. He had no idea that anything had happened and was trying to get his head around the fact that his family would never be together - Regina had double crossed him again.

Bridget cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled loudly across the parked cars, "Jefferson!"

His feet stopped moving as he recognised the voice, his head turned slowly as he tried to understand what was happening. Bridget didn't know his name, he had never said anything and he knew that Regina wouldn't have told her. How did she know who he was?

"What?" His voice shook, his breathing heavy as he stopped moving and just stared at her.

Alice felt herself moving double her usual speed as she flung herself into his arms, wrapping her hands into his hair and almost knocking him over. Jefferson's eyes were wide and confused, he had no idea what was happening and kept his hands to the side, not wanting to embrace her back until he knew what was going on.

Leaning back slightly, Alice cupped his cheeks and smiled down at him, her eyes shining with excitement, "I remember."

"Alice?" He asked quietly, his voice breaking as tears clouded his vision.