[13]

Keeping myself busy as the days went on was easy enough, especially with the small jobs that Han kept giving me, but it was the jobs he gave me with the kids when he thought he was being sneaky that was giving me a migraine

I already felt bad that I was treating them the way I was, but Han trying to 'acclimatize' me to them was just plain annoying; that's why I started getting back at him with small things like putting salt in his coffee isn't of sugar and fake spiders in his bed.

The shriek that last one garnered will live on in my memories forever.

At least the older man has got the message that I will do things in my own time, and he admitted he was feeling a little bad that he had been trying to force me to like them. He just didn't like the atmosphere and tension in the garage.

I respected that, so I begrudgingly tried to distance myself from the kids less but didn't make a move to talk to any of them. Being in the same room as them but pretending they're not there will keep them safe, right?

"Han, why am I blindfolded?" I questioned, rubbing my fingertips together as I tried to tap into my other senses now I had effectively lost my vision. I knew we were in the garage. I could smell the familiar scent of grease.

"patience is a virtue, you know," Han taunted, and I just knew the older man had a smirk on his face as he turned me left and right until he had me standing exactly where he wanted me.

For a fleeting moment, I did wonder if I should be so trusting in this situation, but that was just something both Shaw brothers had engraved into my brain due to their own paranoia and training.

Then I remembered this was Han. He would never do anything to hurt me. That and I knew that I could hurt him worse in the few seconds it would take him to take off the material from my eyes.

He wouldn't even see it coming.

That was something I never used to fear when I was training with Deckard, the reflexes needed to act like a viper. To strike before someone else did, to be the deadliest person in the room while also looking like just another person.

A trained assassin.

But being home with my family, with baby Jack, I worried for them. Even now, being in Tokyo around these kids who had done nothing wrong but would get hurt just by association.

I had done a lot of bad stuff with Owen and the team. What if someone came looking for me and hurt them or worse if I hurt them accidentally.

"Rosalie?" I blinked slowly before realizing I could see again, and Han was standing in front of me with a concerned expression "there you are," he smiled, but I could still see the worry shining through.

Shaking my head, I gave a small laugh. "Sorry, I was thinking. What were you saying?".

Han didn't look convinced, but he continued anyway, "I was saying that I still felt bad about trying to force you to spend time with the kids, so this is my apology" he waved a hand as he moved from my field of vision.

A small gasp left me as the body of two cars appeared in front of me. "Brian and Dom sent the Skyline over for you," he said, pointing to the vehicle of the left, which was pretty much still intact, but I knew it would need some TLC.

"This, I found in a lot in Yokohama" I turned to see what he was motioning to, and my eyes widened at the state of the Nissan Silvia. "I thought you might feel a bit better with something to do while you find the thing you're missing."

I was speechless as I faced Han, who tried to look as indifferent as he could. Walking into his arms, I tried to fight back the tears as he closed his arms around me. I had still been feeling a little lost in Japan; the fantasy of 'finding myself' wasn't coming to fruition as I thought.

Han understood; if anyone in this world knew how I felt right now, it was Han.

This could be my first step, doing whatever I could to get these two cars in working order. Making them into whatever I wanted them to be, then after that, maybe I would be able to find whatever it was my brain was searching for.

Han leaned against the Nissan as I began to look them over. "This will be good for us," he admitted as I glanced at him. His pain was clear as day, and I knew the two of us recognized the type of bond we could have.

To be able to lean on each other, to share our pain, and not think less of the other. To have someone share something so raw and painful, no matter how different the traumas might be, was something precious.

Giving him a genuine smile, I nodded in agreement. Things were about to change, but I was hoping that it would be for the better. "Yeah, it will be." 

❌❌❌

Hey everyone! So I've made a book on story Au's and it will be for all the ideas I had that didn't get written into the book. I've just posted a fast and furious AU if you want to go check it out it's basically an alternative ending to Ride or Die.