[16]

Buffing wax into the car, I took a deep breath as I stood back and admired the work I had put into the car

Buffing wax into the car, I took a deep breath as I stood back and admired the work I had put into the car. It was beautiful deep purple and purred gorgeously.

It had been a week since Reiko had given me her candy with an attempt at a conversation, but also a week since someone hacked into my computer, and every hour of each day, I wondered if I would be attacked.

"Wow, she looks nice," Han compliments walking towards me, snacks in hand, with an appreciative glance at my baby.

"Nice? She's more than nice, Han." I laughed, taking some of his snacks, but he never complained, just tilted the bag for me to share. "She's perfect."

He glances at me before chuckling and circling the vehicle. "Well, what are you waiting for?" He questions, raising his brows at me as I place all the tools back in their place.

"Huh?" I questioned dumbly as he opened the passenger side door to my car with a smirk.

"Let's take her out," He let out a small laugh at my dumbfounded look, almost as if he thought I didn't understand what he was trying to say to me.

I nodded with a grin getting into the car and starting her up before turning to Han when I heard him crunching. "You better not get crumbs in her," I muttered, backing out of the garage.

Driving out to the familiar mountain that Han taught me to drift on, I knew it was the perfect place to test her. Although I knew the car was built well, the sense of accomplishment felt amazing as the wind blew through my hair.

I didn't think about when I would have to leave Tokyo and my baby behind. She was built to drift, not drive around LA's busy streets. Maybe I just wouldn't go home; Tokyo was treating me pretty well so far.

Reaching the top of the mountain quickly, I pull the car over, where we sit silently for a moment, just the two of us and the amazing view. "I promised them I would go home, but I'm not sure I want to leave."

I knew he understood me and who I was talking about instantly as he turned to face me. "You're a big girl Rose. They just want you to be happy, and if you're happy here, then no worries".

His words were simple, maybe too simple to dampen down my feelings, some of which I couldn't even understand for myself yet, like why was I feeling so guilty?

"It all just seems too easy," I muttered, running my hand over the steering wheel in contemplation. Since leaving Owen, I had been waiting for the other shoe to drop, for karma to come back and deal me the fatal blow.

"Maybe you're just thinking you don't deserve it?" Han commented knowingly, and I could see him look at me from the corner of my eye. "I won't pretend to know what happened between you and Shaw, but nothing you did will ever dictate how you live your life now."

My breath spiked as I remembered what we did, the people we walked over to get the things we wanted. Then I thought of the desperate face of Owen as he flew from the plane, the nightmare that haunted me. "Bad things, Han. I did bad things".