[14]

The garage was quiet for once; Han was out on some business that sounded more sketchy as time went on

The garage was quiet for once; Han was out on some business that sounded more sketchy as time went on. Apparently, the less I knew about it, the better, and he also just really couldn't tell me some stuff.

For now, I was trusting him to be making good choices.

However, my life choices were coming back to bite me in the ass. Working on the cars proved to be a little more complicated when you can't understand what you're trying to order.

I knew exactly what parts I needed for my car, but my little Japanese translation book wasn't helpful to me right now.

Clicking through the car parts on my laptop, I sighed, I could see all the different details, but I had no idea if they were compatible due to the language barrier.

Google translate was helping me, either. Honestly, if someone could find out the things I had been googling since coming to Tokyo, I'd probably die from embarrassment.

Squinting like an old grandma and bringing the computer closer to my face, I let out a loud huff. I saw the kids looking over at me nervously, but I paid them no mind. They learned pretty quickly to leave me be.

I had a dealer in Japan ready to sell me the items I needed, but I had some minor issues. Language and trust being the main ones for me right now.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head. Looking over to the kids, I bit my cheek and quickly studied the three of them. The taller boy was too mouthy; twinkles would only try and flirt with me, leaving me with one option.

"Hey, Hello Kitty!" I called out as the girl in question gasped, looking over at me as I grabbed all of their attention. Reiko glanced at the other two before pointing a finger at herself.

Nodding, I motioned her to come over to me. She gulped, putting down her school books, and quickly scurried over to where I was sitting. Dragging the swivel chair I usually sit on to work over next to mine, I waited for her to sit.

Which she only did after a lot of stuttering. I think it was the hard stare that caused the squeak from her, or it could have been me pulling her chair closer when she sat.