[4]

Sitting in my car at the stoplights, I frowned when the car next to me revved their engine, letting out a tired sigh, I turned my head to see a group of frat guys watching my with grins on their faces as they began shouting out their windows excit...

Sitting in my car at the stoplights, I frowned when the car next to me revved their engine, letting out a tired sigh, I turned my head to see a group of frat guys watching my with grins on their faces as they began shouting out their windows excitedly as if they were meeting someone famous.

"Ghost girl!" Blinking slowly, I noticed that was called out to me more than once. Was it me? Was I ghost girl?

I'd never heard that nickname before but seeing their blatant happiness in calling it out, I guessed it was given to her before she was me.

The car revved again, and it hit me what they wanted from me, stupid boys and their toys. Did they really think I would race them right now in the middle of the day without some kind of down payment?.

I was on my way to Harry's shop, The Racers Edge, to pick up some equipment Dom and I needed for the cars; he said that we used to own an auto-shop back before shit when down and used to import parts whenever we needed to, which honestly sounded like a dream.

Glancing up at the light, I chuckled when it turned green, and the guess sped off, whopping loudly until the familiar sounds of sirens began to follow them out of nowhere. "Idiots," I grinned, pulling off at an average speed, no ticket for me.

Passing the guys who were now stood out of their car looking sheepish, I flipped them off with a wink as they visibly deflated. Taking off again, I laughed, feeling a little happier than I had when I woke up this morning with a journal pressed to my face.

I must have fallen asleep reading it.

Stopping in front of the store with a red racing car 'falling' off it, I sighed, readying myself being around people in Los Angeles was getting more a chore every day. Being well known in a community and then forgetting all about it was apparently a faux pas and would likely get you some stares.

"Rosalie? Hey, Kiddo!" I turned to see an older man walking up to me with a smile. "Wow, you've grown up from that angsty teenage girl that ruled the roost" He laughed, passing over my blank stare.

Who the hell was this guy?

"Harry?" I ask, sounding unsure as the man continues to grin while nodding. Suddenly a look of realization passes over him. Here it comes.

"Oh! Right the amnesia thing. The wife told me all about it. Said she had asked Mia about you" His wife was a gossip, loose lips sink ships and all that crap.

"Yeah. Right. Anyway, Dom asked me to pick up this stuff," I say, passing him the list my brother had written out for me before I left, even my short term memory sucked sometimes, but I think that was more due to the stress I felt.

Harry took the paper from my hand, his smile now dropped from my monotonous tone of voice. "Ah, I put this stuff out back for him. I'll go get it," I nodded, and we both stood glancing at each other before he gave me a small nod as he walked away.

Clicking my fingers and hitting the palm of my hand, I moved around the store aimlessly, just wanting our stuff so I could leave.

A shrill voice called that name from behind me, "Rosalie Toretto?" I turned to see what I could only describe as a race rat sauntering up to me with a broad smile on her overly made-up face. "Oh my god, I can't believe it's you."

"Hi- uh?" I greeted as she pushed herself into my arms while wrapping hers around my waist; comfort wan't even on my radar right now. Her chest felt rock hard against mine, and I grimaced, wondering who did her botch job.

"Candy," I stared at her blankly when she pulled back, making her giggle unattractively. I'm sure she could have been a pretty girl without the persona and makeup. "My name is Candy," she explained as I nodded slowly.

"So I was just wondering if you'll be at race wars now you're back?" I blinked, having no idea what she was talking about "because I'm going and I love to see you there," she leaned in, playing with the sleeve of my shirt, "and maybe we could party after?".

Wait! 

She's totally hitting on me right now!.

Letting out another giggle, she winked at me, slipping a piece of paper in my hand before bouncing away happily. "Later ghost girl" unfolding the paper, I noticed a series of numbers making up a phone number.

My eyes wandered before stopping on Harry, who had been stood watching me with an amused grin. "That wasn't what it looked like," I tried to say, but the older man just shook his head, placing Dom's packages on the counter.

"Yes, it was" My mouth opened, but I had nothing to say "believe me, kid, Dom had that any time he walked in here, and you were no different before-" his hand motioned to his head crudely but didn't give off a rude vibe.

"People still come in here asking for the same model engine as Rosalie Toretto or the same color spray paint" my heart fluttered a little, hearing that "Whatever Dom had that made people go crazy over him, I see it in you too, Kid."

Handing over the envelope of cash, I gave the older man a small smile, pleased at what he had told me before picking up the packages. "Thank you, Harry" The man gave me a friendly wink as I walked back to my car, happy that this day seemed to be better than all the others.

Taking a deep breath of fresh air, I smiled as I climbed into my car, noticing the subtle stares weren't pitiful here like they were in the supermarket. They were stares of admiration as they watched me rev my car, exiting the space going back to 1327.