[8]

A shiver ran through my spine as I parked my Plymouth Barracuda outside of the clinic. Since leaving my family, I had been in Mexico, trying to track down the clinic that Owen had found me in. It seemed like such a long time ago since I woke up as a blank slate.

"You mean, you don't know?" He replied in a tone of shock as I shook my head slowly as a small Cheshire smile grew on his face, "Who are you?" I growled again, ready to shout for a nurse until his hand held mine in a tight grip, a simple smile on his face.

"You are Rose Ortiz," he smirked as if he knew something I didn't, "but obviously you can't remember that. You have amnesia" he chuckled as I frowned at him, trying to remember anything, but it was like my mind was free of memories "and me well... I'm Owen Shaw".

I let out a sigh as I got out of my car. Nothing really seemed to strike me as a memorable moment, nor did I have any headaches like I did back at Race Wars. Maybe if I found someone who remembered me, they might have something else they can tell me.

Walking into the run-down hospital, I glanced around at all the people needing medical attention before asking a nurse for help. "I'm very sorry, ma'am, but there is no record of a Rosalie Toretto or a Rose Ortiz being here" I followed after the woman desperately.

"But I'm sure I was kept here," I told her as we walked through the clinic.

The older woman shook her head unhelpfully. "I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you," she began to walk away as my heart constricted a little, "I wish I could help you."

I wish you could help me too.

Standing there, watching her walk away, I jumped as the doors opened, and a stretcher with a woman laying on it was pushed through by medical personal. My head pounded as I stared at the doors.

"Help! Help! I need a doctor," A woman screamed as she pulled me through the door as I lay sluggish in her arms, feeling almost numb from the pain now. The nurses and Doctors quickly ran over to them.

"What happened to her?" One Doctor called out in broken English as hands from multiple people picked me up onto a stretcher as I cried out in confusion.

"Car accident," The tall woman says as she helps heave my body onto the movable bed. "I found her at the side of the road. You need to help her," she told them as she walked alongside the bed.

I glanced at her as my breath began to come out raggedly. "Why did you save me?" I questioned as she just smiled down at me, still continuing to hold onto the bed as I wheeled through the hospital clinic.

"Maybe you're the one saving me."

I blinked as I looked around before turning to leave; nothing could help me here now. "Are you alright?" a nurse asks as she gently touches my back for a moment. I thought she seemed familiar.

"Yes. Thank you," I croaked out as I flinched at her touch before walking away with tears filling my eyes. I just remembered something, but I didn't know how it was supposed to help me fill the void I was feeling.

"Excuse me, ma'am," I turned, hearing the soft voice of the nurse calling out to me as she tentatively walked closer. "I remember you. I was the one who admitted you when you were brought in".

So I did recognize her.

"The injuries you had, I've never seen anyone fight the way you did" I smiled slightly as I looked down, Dom always told me I was a fighter, and now I guess I was seeing the true extent of that.

"Listen, why don't you leave me your number, and I will look around for your records. They could have been warehoused or misfiled, and if something comes up, I will call you".

I gazed at the nurse a little dubiously but also very grateful that someone was helping me. "You would do that?".

The older woman smiled at me. "After everything you've been through. If you want answers, you deserve to have them. I have a daughter about your age, and I would want someone to help her if they could".

I nodded at her words as we smiled at each other, "Thank you," I said honestly. I was on the path of getting back to myself. To knowing who I was and who I want to be.

After giving the nurse my number, I got back into my Plymouth and just sat there for a moment to give myself time to come to terms with having a memory come back. This was a big deal, and I shouldn't blow it off.

Glancing around at the hospital clinic, I started the car to go back to the next place on my list, somewhere I really wasn't looking forward to going, but it might bring some more memories back for me.

I wasn't sure, though, if it was memories I wanted back.