[17]

As soon as the race was called, I was off the starting line, with the cocky guy following close behind

As soon as the race was called, I was off the starting line, with the cocky guy following close behind. I calmly glanced in my mirror, noticing the groups of spectators cheering and following our race.

My heart thumped as my foot hovered over the pedals; the adrenaline rush hit just as I noticed the bright orange cones lining the corners of the parking garage.

Remembering everything Han had taught me, I effortlessly flowed into a beautiful drift with my hair blowing from the wind rushing in the window as I curved my car through the track.

Smirking, I raised one hand and flipped the guy off, watching as he fumbled the first corner. Placing my hand back on the wheel, I quickly changed gear and stepped on the accelerator.

Noticing the garage was almost empty, except for a few groups almost running towards the stairs, I frowned but didn't let myself lose focus on what needed to be done.

Rounding the next corner, I soon learned why everyone had disappeared. The cheering crowd waved and screamed as I passed them. Phones were held up in my direction, and I could see girls and guys filming the race.

Smiling to myself, I didn't feel too bothered, no one knew me here, and there was no pressure of being a Toretto. I could be whatever I wanted - though my brother would probably be shocked if he saw the footage.

Did Dom even know how to drift?

Seeing the guy trying to get past me, I shook my head. I didn't want to get my baby banged up so soon, but I wasn't opposed to fighting dirty though I wasn't so sure he shared my sentiment.

Testing his resolve, I pulled my car closer to his and laughed when he glared at me in shock. I wasn't exactly forcing him off the cordoned-off track, but it was pretty close.

I had done something he obviously hadn't. I had thought ahead. Racing was sort of like chess sometimes; you often had to think of your next move before you could make it.

So I figured out which way the next curve would bend, and with a bit of pushing and shoving, I could mentally throw him off. He already fumbled at the first hurdle; imagine what could happen if I got under his skin.

With concentrated precision, I had learned during my time with Owen, I carefully drove with the back of my side bumper, touching the front of his and pushing against him occasionally.

The scratches it would leave on my new paint work were future Rose's problem. Right now, I was having fun taunting an asshole who had it coming to him.

Pulling away, I feigned like I was about to quickly ram into the side of him. The cocky guy slowed down with a face of shock before seeing me turn into a drift.

If I listened carefully, I could hear him scream in frustration as he awkwardly tried to curve his car but had trouble due to slowing down before.

It had given me a few precious moments to build my momentum back up. My playtime was over as I ascended to the last bit of the parking garage, where I could hear the crowd chanting.