[3]

Knocking on the wooden door that leads me to Dom and Letty's room, I waited for a moment before opening the door

Knocking on the wooden door that leads me to Dom and Letty's room, I waited for a moment before opening the door. The Latina I was still getting to know was sat on the bed with something in her lap; it looked like a book.

"Uh, I think your shirt got mixed up with my clothes," I said awkwardly as I place the item on the bottom of the bed; the older woman glances up with a smile that wasn't entirely happy. It looked as if she had been rubbing her eyes a lot.

"What's that?" I ask, nodding towards the object that was obviously the root of her turmoil. Mia said talking to everyone would be a good place to start, and I was trying my best, but so far, every conversation ended with sad, pitiful smiles as they wished for me to be her again.

Letty patted the bed with a small smile. I was beginning to notice every smile the older female gives is different; most people have one smile for every occasion but not Letty, or Dom either for that matter. They both were open books when it came to their expressions.

Maybe it's because they wore their hearts on their sleeves.

"It's a diary," Letty sighed before opening it and slowly flipping through the pages; the book itself looked like it was well used and full of things inside of it "Of someone's dreams and thoughts, places she wanted to go."

I blinked, wondering who she was talking about. Was it her? "Well, did she get to go?" I ask, crossing my legs and leaning forward eagerly. "Whose is it?".

Letty's eyes lower sadly as she handed me the book; it was open on the first page, which was covered in little doodles and drawings. "You tell me," she muttered, pressing a kiss to my head, walking past me to leave the room as I sat silently looking down at the words written.

'Rosalie Toretto's Diary

KEEP OUT
OR I'M TELLING DOM!!!

IF THIS IS DOM
I'M PUTTING SUGAR
IN YOUR PETROL TANK!'

Huffing out a laugh at what had been written by what was obviously a teenage girl at the time.

I noticed that my handwriting hadn't changed much except that it was a little less curly and 'girly.' My writing now was more rushed and only used when needed. I usually typed everything these days.

Flipping through the pages, I noticed that my handwriting stopped after a while, and another was put in its place; by the pictures next to it, I was guessing that Letty had taken over as the owner of the journal. She was featured all over the book in self photographs and tourist pictures.

Turning to another page, my heart stopped at the bold title 'Pipeline Destinations.' It seemed my former young self had dreams of visiting all these places, but the 'pipeline' word was underlined, so I'm guessing she never thought she'd get there.

Reading all the destinations, I huffed at just how wrong she was. My finger traced over the first destination: Berlin, Germany.

"Alright, we've got the device and now a 3-minute window to get out of here. Rose be a dear and pick Adolfson up," Owen says through the earpiece as my stomach tightens with nerves. This was my first heist.

No matter how much practice I've had or how much each Shaw brother taught me something new, actually putting all that practice into action was more nerve-wracking than I had previously thought.

Spinning my car around, I drove to where our sniper had been shadowing us from a rooftop. "Get in," I mutter with a sigh as he does so; puling off again, I smile, passing the Brandenburg Gate. "God, I love traveling," I whisper to myself before speeding away.

The next one after that Moscow, Russia. We arrived there after discovering Hobbs chasing us down; Shaw said he was just an overgrown monkey trying to take us down, and we all believed him without a fight.

Rolling out of the car at the last minute, I watched in awe as it flew through the air, gasping and holding my ribs. I let out a laugh when it spun in a 360 before stopping short of a building"See, told you I could do it, Jah!".

I heard a sigh through the comms like a disappointed father. "He said you shouldn't do it, Rose, not that you couldn't" I knew Owen wasn't really mad at me by the tone of his voice "now we've got a 4 minuted head start, everyone back to base".

Running back to my car I quickly got back into the front seat "I give it an 8 out of ten," he said as we continued our reign of destruction. "You didn't stick the landing," he snorted as I narrowed my eyes into a glare.

Time to stick the landing.

London, England. ~Ahh, where it all went wrong. The place where my world started to fall apart but come together all in one.

"Fish and chips," Klaus read from the sign as we stood outside a real British chip shop, the team was practically starving, but no here I was waiting with a man whose neck was bigger than his head to find out what we would be eating tonight.

"Yes, Klaus, as in things that swim in many bodies of water and the other things grow in the ground, which is commonly used to make chips, potato chips, mash, hash browns, and many other foods," I grumbled, glancing around for any signs of trouble.

"Quick Klaus, choose something before the kid eats you. She's getting hangry" Denlinger jokes as he taps my on the shoulder, making me pout. At this point, I would be happy with those things that are made out of pig's blood that I tricked Klaus into eating, "and we all know the ones with the most meat get eaten first."

My lips turn up into a smirk as we eye Klaus before the big guy rushes into the chip shop leaving behind laughing to ourselves.

Spain – somewhere warm was all that was written under it as if younger me thought that Spain was hot all the time like they never experienced cold weather.

Pulling a picture from the book, I sighed, knowing this was the place that was haunting my dreams, the location where I found my forgotten family, and lost the family I had built for myself, the cause of my nightmares.

"So, after all, this is finished, what do we do?" I questioned my 'older brother' as I lay my head on his shoulder. We had been finishing up the plans for the Lusitania Heist. We were camped out next to the NATO base for intel.

"Well, my Rose, I figured we'd go back to base and eat pizza," He said, giving me a smirk as I rolled my eyes at him, smacking his arm gently.

"you know what I mean," I said meekly as his eyes turned to mine, and I notice them soften at my expression. Maybe he was hearing the words I was trying not to say.

"Listen, no matter what happens here or doesn't happen. We will not be leaving without each other. Whether we stay in America, abscond somewhere, or go back to England, we'll always be together. Always.

Tears hit the pages of my old diary as I finally made it to the last destination, Tokyo, Japan, I frowned when I saw nothing on its pages. No pictures, ink, newspaper clippings, not even a magazine cut out. Just blank.

Totally blank.