The Letter

Tuesday – July 17th – Privet Drive – 1991 – 7:42 AM

I opened my eyes slowly to intake the sight that had slowly transformed my room over the last five years. I had slowly transformed my empty room that contained nothing but a rotten, almost broken bed, a small, mattress that barely fitted it and a broken wardrobe and had slowly turned it into a normal or above normal room for a boy around my age.

All together I had brought a bed, a wardrobe, two desks and chairs to go with it, a small round two to four seating kitchen table, two bookshelves, a mini fridge and a fluffy emerald carpet to go on the wooden floor of the room.

The bed is a queen sized bed that will last me until I reach seventeen. It was a large queen sized mattress resting on a dark oak bed frame. The bed had dark blue sheets fitted to the bed, green blankets and quilts for winter that would drape across the bed and two giant blue and green pillows that laid at the top of the bed.

Much better than that horrible mattress and broken bed frame that I had to sleep in four half a year.

My wardrobe was a large dark oak wardrobe that was smooth and had the engravings of snakes around it. Inside is a single bar to place your coat hangers on and at the bottom is a built in a set of draws to place your clothes in. My clothes had changes from the rags that were Dudley's cast offs to new cloths that fitted and actually looked good on me.

The clothes actually fitted me to my measurements and I actually looked good in them. It's also a bonus that I don't have to wear Dudley's cast offs anymore, even if I have to wash my dirty washing myself.

The two desks and chairs I had gotten where a matching set, both tables had a chair that matched it and went along with it in the price. The two desks where different; one consisting of dark oak like the rest of my room with a similar dark oak chair that had a dark green velvet padding for the seat, the second table consisted of birch wood that was almost white with dark blue velvet padding for the seat with the matching chair. The dark oak table was for my computer and things that o did with my electronics, while my birch wood one was for simply studying, homework and research.

Dudley keeps trying to sneak in and steal my computer set because it's the latest model and can play multiple games, has faster Wi-Fi connections and has more space to do things

The birch wood dining table is round and could only fit two to four people. It was smooth and had four matching chairs that I kept in the corner of the room near the door and the wall to the left that blocked me from the outside wold. The chairs consisted of the same material.

I had it for when I didn't want to deal with Dudley constantly trying to eat my food before he has even finished my own. He literary tried every meal to reach for any form of meat that I have!

The two bookshelves I kept separate for a reason. One held Muggle books on subjects like Math, English, Science, Art, cooking, gardening and storied from Authors that peaked my interest and attention. The other bookshelf held books from the magical society like Animagus books, Occlumency books, Legilimency books, Transfiguration books, Charms books, Potion books and Defence books that ranged from beginners to Masters. The bookshelves themselves where like all my other furniture. My muggle bookshelf was made out of birch wood and my wizarding bookshelf was made out of dark oak.

I had sticking charms been placed on the books and such to stop Petunia, when she has to, from stealing all my books and keeping them or burning them.

The mini fridge was in the corner of the room that was closes to the back of the room and the closest to Dudley's room. It is a simple white mini fridge that was connected to the power point. I had a lock on it. It was half filled with a dozen chocolate muffins, a few salads, some water bottles and healthy chicken, stake and ham sandwiches for when I don't feel like being around negative people.