Back to Privet Drive

Monday – 18th December – London Train Station – 5:00 pm

I exited the train with my trunk in hand. I turned to the others and waved.

I had changed from my robe into a black shirt, green jumper and black tracksuit pants. It was snowing so I also had mittens on.

"I'll see you guys in January on the train. I'll write you tomorrow." I called out to them. They waved and made their way to their expected families. I watched them reunite with hugs, kisses and love from their parents.

I felt something… break within me. Knowing that I would never be able to be held like that by someone I would call mother or father. I know I should be happy I have my parents to talk to and keep me company but… it just wasn't enough.

I quickly turned from them and started making my way towards the portal that led to the muggle world. I didn't notice the stormy grey/silver eyes following me out with sadness as he reunited with his parents after being at school for three months.

I tuned to look at my wrist at Cecil.

"Don't make a sound. Try to stay out of sight." I whispered in parseltongue. Cecil nodded his head in agreement and proceeded to slither up my wrist and out of sight around my upper arm. I quickly hid away when I saw Hermione smiling and talking happily with her parents. I watched them for a minute as Hermione kept glancing at the portal. I snuck around them quietly. Hermione frowned and looked annoyed when she didn't see me before being dragged away by her parents. I sighed softly and started to quietly follow the family of three towards the exit of the train station.

I'm going to get to Petunia as quick as possible. I'd rather not get caught up in Hermione's plan to trick me into my home and trust.

"Harry!" I turn to see Hermione smiling brightly at me. Hermione started dragging her parents over to me. I waited with a forced smile as they stopped right in front of me. "Harry! You said you would meet me at the entrance to the Hogwarts train station." I kept my force smile and I replied.

"Oh? I saw you leaving with your family and thought you didn't care." Hermione looked slightly shocked before bringing back a fake smile.

"Never mind that. I don't know why you would think that but other matters are more important." Hermione said happily until her parents finally spoke.

"And who might you be, dear?" Mrs. Granger asked. She held out her hand. I smiled at Mrs. Granger and bowed softly as I placed a kiss on her knuckles. I straightened up and introduced myself with a confident smile.

Those lessons Draco has been teaching me have paid off. I'll have to show Uncle Fleamont!

"I, Mrs. Granger, am Harry Potter. I apologize for not introducing myself earlier." I then turned to Mr. Granger and held my hand for a handshake. "I apologize as well, Mr. Granger, for not introducing myself like a proper gentlemen." Both Mr. and Mrs. Granger looked shocked. Hermione looked even more shocked as I talked to her parents. Mr. Granger then shook his head and quickly shook my hand that was still extended for him to shake.

"It's very nice to meet you, Harry." Mr. Granger said. He shook my hand with a good grip. Mrs. Granger nodded her head.

"Yes. It's very nice to meet you as well, Harry." Mrs. Granger said. She gave a charming smile as a small blush adored her cheeks from myself kissing her hand. Hermione looked even more annoyed when I ignored and continued to ignore her completely.

"The pleasure is all mine." I said and proceeded to look towards the entrance for a sign of Petunia. I inwardly scowled when I didn't see Petunia anywhere.

"Hermione didn't mention you in any of her letters. I wonder why she would leave out such a charming boy as you in her letters." Mrs. Granger said and gave a playful glare at Hermione. Mr. Granger chuckled and nodded in agreement with his wife.