Eleven; It's Our Secret

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗It's Our Secret╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

It's Our Secret
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

     Lynette followed Merlin back to the council chamber, where she could hear Uther and her father discussing alternatives. Merlin looked slightly perplexed beside her as they stood outside. Her mind wondered about Gwen down below and whether she was staying warm as winter began sweeping over the kingdom. He glanced at her only once before pushing the doors open, making up his mind as he strutted in like he owned the place. Lynette tried to follow, but she was too stunned at Merlin's actions. All she could do was watch as her cousin tried to save Gwen.

     "It was me!" Merlin announced, garnering all the attention on himself. "It was me who used magic to cure Gwen's father!"

     "Merlin!" Lynette hissed as she stopped by his side, but the damage had already been done.

     Everybody was now staring at the serving boy in front of them. Watching half in shock and half in amusement as Lynette tried to tug Merlin away, desperate to reverse what he had set in motion. Uther looked less than impressed by the display of heroism, and Arthur appeared ready to panic at how much of an idiot his manservant was being. Merlin simply ignored the mass of attention he was receiving as he stared the king down, ready to give his life for his friend.

     "Gwen is not the sorcerer. I am!"

     "Merlin! Are you mad?" Gaius asked as he stood from his seat among the councilors.

     "I cannot let her die for me," Merlin said, but his gaze never left Uther. "I place myself at your mercy."

     "He doesn't know what he's talking about," Gaius said, looking at the king.

     "I do." Merlin countered.

     "Then arrest him," Uther said, dismissing the matter with a wave.

     Lynette gasped, "This is madness!"

     "Father, please!" Arthur agreed. "I can't allow this! This is madness! There's no way Merlin is a sorcerer."

     "Did you not hear him?" Uther asked.

     "Yes," Arthur admitted reluctantly.

     "He admitted it," Uther stated before looking at Lynette. "Unless I heard him wrong?"