Two; Trained To Kill Since Birth

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗Trained To Kill Since Birth╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

Trained To Kill Since Birth
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

     The lower town of Camelot was alight with mischief as Lynette made her way down the beaten path, exchanging pleasantries with those she knew and with those she didn't. Rows of stalls littered the walkway with various goods of food and trinkets, bringing trade from all over Camelot to the capital. The afternoon sun had just begun to peak through the clouds as she passed by a stall of freshly baked bread. The smell enticed her to spend her hard-earned coin on a loaf, but she refrained. She had come down from the castle for a reason and that reason was Merlin.

     Lynette had hoped her cousin would heed her father's careful warning, but it appeared the opposite had occurred. She had been enjoying a nice day preparing the next batch of herbs for the royal visitors from abroad when Sir Leon entered the physician's chambers. The two exchanged pleasantries before he passed a secret message from her father into her hands, alerting her of Merlin's predicament. Though Leon and Gaius had tried to calm Arthur's temper, and by extension Uther's, it had not prevented him from sending the peasant to the stocks.

     A cheer greeted her as she rounded the corner, the area surrounding the stocks buzzing with excitement at the new entertainment. She winced as she watched citizens of Camelot pelt her cousin with rotten tomatoes and cabbages. The pleasant smell of bread was long gone as she watched an old tomato splatter against Merlin's dark locks, coating it in a layer of slime. Her eyes were glued to the sight, but seeing it was harder than she had thought. Although it wasn't anything new for someone to be placed in the stocks, she wouldn't wish the humiliation on a member of her family.

     She spotted her father watching among the crowd, a playful gleam in his eyes as he did nothing to stop the children from sending a rotten cabbage Merlin's way. Lynette winced as it made contact with his forehead before flopping onto the ground. The young servant made her way toward her father, being greeted with a simple kiss on the cheek before turning back to watch Merlin. Lynette leaned against a nearby fence while Gaius called out to the new visitor of Camelot, alerting him of their presence.

     "Merlin!"

     Merlin sent an annoyed look over at Gaius and Lynette, not at all happy about his current predicament. Lynette couldn't blame him for his anger at the situation, but she also couldn't deny that he had not heeded Gaius' warning. It never bodes well for anyone to mess with the prince, especially during one of his training sessions. Her father was only doing what he could and his sway with the king had kept Merlin out of the dungeons, but not from a full day of playing jester in the stocks.