Twelve; Leap of Faith

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗Leap of Faith╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

Leap of Faith
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

     Lynette could feel the stress building in Camelot as she walked along the busied corridor. All the servants were set about doing their duties while sending kind smiles out in greeting to the young woman. Lynette replied kindly and did her best to be courteous and move out of the way. However, just like everyone else, she was busy with her chores. On her hip, she carried a large basket full of calming herbs she had gathered just that morning to make a calming drought for the royal family.

     Lynette could only imagine how Arthur felt after Uther received Lord Bayard of Mercia earlier that morning. Although the prince had asked her to be present at the proceedings, she had declined, explaining she had other things to attend to. When the blonde was out in the forest collecting the herbs after their exchange, Lynette began to feel guilty about her response. Never once in her years of knowing him had she declined any of his requests, nor he to hers.

     In front of her, Lynette could see Gaius approaching her with Merlin in tow, both looking to be in deep conversation. Gaius caught her eye first and raised an eyebrow at her troubled expression. Lynette quickly hid it with a pleasing smile, although she knew she couldn't fool her father. However, the girl was determined to at least keep her inner turmoil of Merlin—someone who looked about as miserable as she felt.

     "Why do I always get landed with the donkey work?"

     Gaius looked over and answered pointedly, "You're a servant, Merlin. It's what you do."

     Merlin looked over at Lynette, who just shrugged at his exasperated expression, "At least you're building muscle."

     Merlin snorted, "My arms will be a foot longer by the time I get this lot inside."