One; It Is Wednesday

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗It Is Wednesday╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

It Is Wednesday
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

     The halls of Camelot were bustling with morning chores as Lynette knocked slowly on the door to Lady Morgana's chamber. She looked behind her sending a gracious to her friends before letting her hand drop to her side with a soft sigh. She was delivering another sleeping drought to her friend, a calming potion made special by her father, Gaius, the court physician. The poor girl suffered from nightmares each night and the potion was her father's way of trying to subdue them enough to let the noblewoman find some peace.

     The girl's thoughts were usually on her friend's health, but today she let her mind wander to her cousin's arrival. He was supposed to arrive within the hour and she only hoped the road had been kind to the lone traveler. She fidgeted with her skirt, her nerves overtaking her motor control at the thought of meeting Merlin for the first time. Part of her felt she had known him all her life and yet they had never met in person. She had heard so much about him from her father and the letters they'd received from her Aunt in Ealdor.

     The letter's usually contained the family updates on how Hunith and Merlin were fairing in the countryside. Updates that allowed Lynette a glimpse into who her family was without ever having me them. However, recently her father had received a rather alarming one from Hunith. It gave notice that she was sending Merlin to come live with them, although she did not indicate why. The letter had left Lynette and Gaius somewhat stumped on how Merlin could be in so much danger that it prompted her aunt to send her son away.

     The young servant's thoughts on her cousin were interrupted when the large wood door swung open to reveal the face of one of Lynette's close friends. Guinevere, or Gwen to most people, was dressed in her simple clothes, her hair tucked loosely behind her head as she smiled at Lynette. Lynette nodded to her greeting and Gwen smiled back as she quickly let the girl in with no questions asked. She knew it was routine for Lynette to deliver Morgana's drought for the night. It was the part of the day that all three cherished as they spent some time enjoying each other's company.

     The three girls had been friends for as long as Lynette could remember, with Lynette having known Morgana since childhood. Once Gwen had been hired and rose to serve Morgana directly, they became as close as two servants could be to the king's ward, at least in public. They would often be seen chatting away in the gardens or Morgana's chambers with a bottle of mead tucked away in one of the draws. The women depended on one another to keep their wits about them and they enjoyed each other's company.