Three; Prince Arthur's Manservant

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗Prince Arthur's Manservant╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

Prince Arthur's Manservant
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

     The physician's chambers smelled of a mixture of boiled herbs and smoke as Lynette entered the room. Her father was hunched over the kettle with one of his books open on the table, a frown on his face. She could already tell by his lack of response to her appearance that he was worried. More worried than he would ever let on, but Lynette knew better. She knew the last time he had gone this silent had been when her mother had left. He had been silent for weeks, not bothering to explain to her why she wasn't coming back.

     Lynette tried to get his attention but was directed with a silent gesture to the room she shared with Merlin. She didn't bother to push her father further and found Merlin sitting on his bed with his shirt off. His back was littered with bruises and on closer examination, it looked like Gaius had already put some ointment on the wounds. She reached for the jar with more salve but stopped when she saw the depressed look on Merlin's face. She wondered what she had missed while she was with Arthur.

     She sat on the floor in front of Merlin, placing her hands on his knees as she said, "What's wrong Merlin?"

     "You don't know why I was born like this, do you?" Merlin asked as he looked at her, producing a weak smile before looking up at Gaius who had come to join them.

     Gaius shook his head, "No."

     "I'm not a monster, am I?"

     Lynette stared up at Merlin in horror at the way he had chosen to describe himself. Even though her childhood memories of magic were fleeting, she remembered how much light it brought. Her mother had wielded magic to help people, which to her meant not every sorcerer was bad. The blonde felt incredibly sad that this was how he interpreted his magic. It was a gift that many didn't possess and yet his first experiences with it showed that many more use it for evil rather than good.

     "Merlin please don't ever call yourself that again," Lynette said, grabbing his hands and forcing him to look at her. "You are a wonderful person. A person that I am extremely proud to call family, no matter what powers you possess."