Zero; Warning Bell

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗Warning Bell╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

Warning Bell
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

     Magic was alight within the heart of Camelot. The sky was illuminated by lights as people throughout the kingdom celebrated the prince's birthday and mourned the death of the King's beloved Queen. It had been four years since the death of Queen Ygraine and her loss was still felt by the people who loved her the most. Especially the king, as he sent another round of scouts to search the kingdom for the witch who had taken the queen's life.

     In the center of town, Lynette watched from a window as a sorcerer told the story of the great dragon. Although she couldn't hear the words that were spoken she remembered the story well, because of her mother. The man appeared alight with mischief as the embers shifted from a dragon to a knight, leading Lynette to believe he was near the end of the story. She watched in delight as a great battle took place, exciting the children by the gate.

     The crowd grew to include the poor and some of the noble as they stopped to relive the familiar tale. Lynette found herself wishing she was down there hand in hand with her parents, experiencing Camelot's many wonders. After bending farther out the window, she began searching for her mother, who had promised to be down in the town that evening. When she couldn't find her she resorted to looking for Arthur but was interrupted before she could lean out further.

     "Lynette come down from there."

     She sighed as she turned around to see her tutor staring at her with evident disapproval of her behavior. She glanced behind him to the King's ward, Morgana, who was sitting perfectly still at the table with a quill in hand ready to learn. Lynette climbed down from her spot to join her, pulling up a chair and opening up a book to follow along. She tried her best to stay awake as the sounds of laughter could be heard just below.

     "It is a privilege for you to join us, Miss Wyllt. Not many of your kind get this education." The tutor droned. "Only at the behest of the late queen and Morgana's request for you to join her do you have this opportunity, so I suggest you use it well."

     "Yes, my lord," Lynette spoke, her quiet and obedient.

     The lesson continued, but Lynette found herself, no longer interested in Camelot's relationship with Mercia. Instead, she strained herself to hear the stories below as the chatter at the front gate became louder. The little girl looked up to find Morgana looking just as bored with her head in her hand, as she took notes with the other. Lynette discreetly looked toward the door, willing it to open and provide some kind of escape.