Six; I Saw You Watching

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗I Saw You Watching╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

I Saw You Watching
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

     "Knight Valiant of the Western Isles, My Lord."

     As Lynette watched Knight Valiant get close to the king, she groaned inwardly at how he prided himself on his skill. The knight was boasting of his previous tournaments, causing a ruckus from the other knights. Lynette doubted it would be the last he would cause issues between the other competitors. She hoped to avoid the pomp and circumstance of the recession, but it appeared that wouldn't be the case.

     After the tournament, Lynette was preparing for the next day when Gwen entered the physician's chamber. She apologized profusely to the blonde, explaining how she would need to leave the recession early. While usually, this wouldn't be a problem, neither felt comfortable leaving Morgana alone. Especially since Morgana was put on display since she was part of the prize for the tournament.

     Lynette stood diligently and silently beside Gwen, watching Valiant move onto Morgana. She wanted nothing more than to run for the hills as his eyes flickered briefly to hers as Valiant bowed and kissed Morgana's hand. Lynette looked away in slight disgust and found Arthur waiting patiently down the line of knights. When her eyes locked with his, she knew he was reading her like an open book. He sent her a lopsided grin to cheer her up, but it turned into a scowl when he realized who was near her.

     "My lady," Valiant said, allowing a smirk to slither its way upon his features.

     Lynette waited anxiously for him to leave, but of course, Morgana had to take an interest in him, "I saw you competing today."

     Valiant's eyes lit up, and not in a good way, "I saw you watching. I understand the tournament champion has the honor of escorting my lady to the feast."

     "That's correct," Morgana replied, giving him a smile.

     "Then I will give everything to win the tournament." Morgana looked delighted at this news and nodded.

     Valiant bowed to her once more, saying, "My lady."

     Valiant walked past and over to a group of knights gathering on the other side, but it didn't escape Lynette's notice when his eyes raked up and down her body. She shuddered under his gaze as a feeling of dread filled in the pit of her stomach. Something wasn't right with Sir Valiant. He acts as if he has already won the tournament and has not only set his sights on Morgana but every eligible lady in the room. Lynette found this thought disturbing.