Thirteen; Mortaeus Flower

╔══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╗Mortaeus Flower╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

Mortaeus Flower
╚══════ ∘◦ ♔ ◦∘ ══════╝

     The cheering could be heard as Lynette entered the Hall of Ceremonies with anxiety written all over her face. Lynette was more familiar with poison than she cared to admit, and she dreaded having to use her skills should they not get there in time. Her skirts swirled about her ankle as she raced beside Merlin down the halls to get to the royal family. Merlin approached Arthur with Lynette not far behind as the blonde entered through the large wooden doors. She could see Gwen trying to wave them away, but neither listened as they charged forward just as Bayard finished his speech.

     "And may the differences from our past remain there. To your health, Uther." The king toasted each royal family member as everyone followed suit. "Arthur. The Lady Morgana. The people of Camelot. And to fallen warriors on both sides."

     Lynette couldn't get through the crowd fast enough and tried not to shout as Arthur, Morgana, and Uther brought the goblets to their lips. In an instant, she thought of all the memories, both good and bad, that she shared with the royal family. All she wanted to do was ensure they saw another day, regardless of what happened to her. Lynette was about to scream to stop what was about to occur but released a sigh of relief when Merlin got there first.

     The raven-haired boy grabbed the goblet from the prince's hand, stopping the metal from touching Arthur's lips. Arthur looked less than pleased at the interruption, but his anger soon changed when he saw the panic on Lynette's face. She had finally managed to make her way forward and was passing in front of the regal table to stand in front of Morgana. The king's ward gazed perplexedly at the woman before her, carefully lowering the cup from her lips.

     "It's poisoned! Don't drink it!" Merlin called as Lynette grabbed Morgana's goblet from her hand.

     "What?" Uther roared at the manservant's accusation and the king he was accusing.