Fifteen

As the growls of the zombies begin to fail with each one he kills, I can't help but become aware of Nam-ra's gaze on me. 

I turned to her, and she is looking at me knowingly.

My heart was beating wildly in my chest as he killed the last zombie. Everyone else backed up in terror as he walked toward us, but not me.

Time seemed to slow down as our eyes met.

My body acted of it's own accord. I ran towards him.

I ran until I was in his arms.

"I thought that you were dead. I thought that I would never see you again." I whispered. 

He laughs, petting my hair. "Takes more than that to kill me, Lee Cheong-san. Are you underestimating me?" 

The tears are squeezing out of my eyes even as I smile up at him. 

"No. I would never underestimate you. You're- You're Gwi-nam." I sniffled as my voice broke towards the end of my sentence. 

He gently wipes away my tears with his thumbs. "Jeez, you missed me that much, did you? Don't cry, Cheong-san. I'm alive. And I'm here with you." He looks down at me, a smile on his lips.

Someone clears their throat behind me. 

I turn around and see Su-hyeok and the others. They were all looking at me with the same look on their faces: One that said I'd better explain in the next few minutes or there'd be consequences to pay.

I pulled Gwi-nam by the hand to the group. 

"Let's walk and talk." I told them. They reluctantly followed after me and Gwi-nam, who was looking at everyone with a withdrawn look on his face, like he wasn't sure to act around this many people.

"I thought you said you were travelling alone." Su-hyeok said, eyeing Gwi-nam.

"That was obviously a lie, Su-hyeok. And this is his jacket that I'm wearing, because me and him are tied together!" I showed them the pointer and middle finger intertwining gesture I showed Gwi-nam a while ago.

I swung Gwi-nam's hand in mine, walking with a bit more energy in my steps than before I was reunited with him.

"Are you two..together together? As in seeing each other?" Hyo-ryeong asked. 

I just giggled and shook my head. "Nope." He looks away. "I just like to pester him with constant affection because he hates it." The first part had been true. I really was starting to dislike the amount of half-truths I was telling lately.

"Okay..He'll be travelling with us, then?" Dae-su eventually speaks up. 

I nodded. "Yeah. Is that okay with you guys?" I can see Su-hyeok opening his mouth to protest, but he's covered by various vocalizations of "yes" from everyone else.

Eventually he mumbles "yes" and retreats to Nam-ra's side.

We walk in groups of two or three, me walking with Gwi-nam. 

"I don't hate it." He abruptly says.

I am confused, and I turn to him with a face that says exactly that. "What don't you hate?" 

He shakes his head. "Nothing, Cheong-san, forget about it." He mumbles. 

I don't like to let things go that easily.

"No, just tell me what you-" A gunshot rings out. 

We all instantly duck and look at the soldiers approaching us. 

"Put your hands where we can see them and get on the ground!" They shout. One takes my temperature, then everyone else's. 

"All clear. Come on, let's get you to the quarantine camp." They help us up and I stick close to Gwi-nam. 

When we arrive, it's strange to see people again. We are given a towel and basic hygiene supplies.

Gwi-nam suddenly speaks up, tapping the soldier on his arm.

"Sir! I'm really sorry but I need to be in the same holding area as him. He has anxiety attacks and needs me there to help him through them."  I don't look at him or let my eyes show my confusion, and instead just nod.

"Fine. Get in please. For two weeks your meals will be brought to you. You will be let out once every two days to shower." He closes the door behind all of us.

I can hear everyone in the holding areas around us, so I'm not scared. I look at Gwi-nam, who's setting his things down in the corner and sitting with his legs stretched out. I scoot over to him.

I look at him, then his lap. Then back at him. As if to ask for permission. He rolls his eyes and says nothing. But he pats his chest.

I crawl on top of him to rest my head on his chest. 

"I missed you." I said quietly after a while. 

"I missed you too." He replies.

"Are you a hambie like Nam-ra?" I asked.

"I can't die and the zombies don't attack me. I've got the hearing, sight and healing abilities..but I don't eat people. I only get the urge to do it when I'm hungry, which, now that we're in the camp, should be almost never. So I guess you could say that." He rubs my back.

"Your scratch is all better." I noted.

"Mm." Gwi-nam hums. I sat up to get a better look of his face, then smiled at the lack of scars.

He leans forward and puts his head in the crook of my neck. "Mm.. You smell so good, Cheong-san." His breath tickles my neck.

"Hey. You better not bite me." I sternly tell him. 

"I wasn't gonna. You just smell really, really good to me. Not like I kinda want to eat you good, but comforting good." I feel the butterflies explode in my stomach.

"You're so weird~" I said in a cutesy tone.

"Oh, shut up. I'm tired." I go to get off him so he can sleep, but he holds me in place. "Stay with me for the first night." He whispers in my ear.

I swallowed hard. "I mean, sure. Why not." Inside, though? I am the happiest man alive. 

"You make my heart skip beats. This is what you get." His voice is deep and hypnotic to listen to.

"Not a problem with me." I snuggled in closer.

God, I missed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Extra long chapter to make up for my history of leaving you all on cliff hangers. Thanks for all the love Savior has been getting lately!