Eighteen

My face lights up with blush. "I don't know about all that."

He looks at me. "I mean it. You saved me. Without you I would still be that asshole who bullied people. Even here." His eyes are honest and shining.

I smiled at him. "Well..I'm glad. I think I like you better when you're sitting here letting me hold you and being sweet. You were a bit scary back in school." I laughed a little at the memory.

"Me too." He says, playing with one of my fingers. I intertwine our hands and pull a cliche movie prince move: I kiss his hand.

He and I lay like that comfortably until a guard brings our meal. It was bulgogi with rice and seaweed soup.

We thanked the guard and ate together. I gave him a piece of my meat, saying I wasn't hungry. But really, I just had seen that he was eyeing it.

When he came back to take our dishes, I flagged the guard down. "Sir. I know we're not allowed to explore the rest of the camp, but can I go and see my friends?" I asked, from my sitting position on the floor.

"Sure. I'll have to stay with you the entire time though." I nodded.

"Of course. It is your job after all." I pulled Gwi-nam to his feet and followed the guard down the hallway.

The first room we stopped by was Su-hyeok and Dae-su's. Dae-su looks up and smiles when he sees us enter. Su-hyeok not so much. "What's up, guys? It's been a few days since we saw each other!" Dae-su greets us with a nod of his head.

"What's he doing here?" Su-hyeok asks, flatly.

"He's here because I brought him here. Don't be an ass." I smack Su-hyeok's arm.

"What are your intentions with him, Yoon Gwi-nam?" He ignores the slap he recieved from me and pressed on.

"Well..I- I mean..I just want to make him happy, really." He answers quietly.

Su-hyeok sits back. "And you won't break his heart?" He asks.

"I would never hurt him on purpose!" Gwi-nam immediately says. Su-hyeok looks at him for a while, then at me.

"He's got my approval, Cheong-san." I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah right. What are you, my dad? I don't need my best friend's approval." I smiled a little though, it pleased me that he approved of him.

"Gwi-nam. Take care of Cheong-san. He's kind of stupid, so if he ever hurts your feelings, I'm pretty sure he won't be meaning to." Su-hyeok says, as if I'm not sitting right here.

"Now you're just bashing me." I shake my head and stand up. "We should get going. We still have to stop at the girl's room. Later." I stood up, bringing Gwi-nam with me. Once we reach their room, I'm nearly bowled over by On-jo.

"We missed you!" She said. Ji-min, Hyo-ryeong and Nam-ra all nod in agreement."I missed you guys too. That's why I came to see you guys!" I cried. "And I brought Gwi-nam cause he'd die without me there." I added, laughing a little.

"Gwi-nam is welcome any time." Nam-ra said. On-jo looked at me and then at him. I could tell she wanted to say it, but she held back. It made me happy. She'd known me long enough to respect my subconscious wishes.

"Thank you." Gwi-nam nods his head beside me. I reach around his neck, rubbing his earlobe while talking to the girls. Apparently, a lot had happened. The people in the quarantining room next to theirs had a lot of interesting conversations.

I looked at the poor guard who was waiting outside and reluctantly got up. "We'll catch up with you later. This poor guard is supervising us and he must be pretty tired of just standing outside." I waved as I left the room.

As soon as we were outside, he leans his head on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my waist as we walked back to our room. "I'm so tired." He mumbles.

"You can take a little nap soon, just gotta get back to our room." I encourage him.

He trots to the blanket pile and lies down. When I make it to him, he scoots over a little for me to lay next to him. I laid down and smiled as his face was quite close to mine. As soon as he realized that, his eyes got big and he scooted frantically away from me, until I gently slid his body back next to me.

"Don't worry about that, hm? Get some sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." I kissed his nose and pulled the blanket over him.
. "Sleep well, Gwi-nam. I'll let you know when dinner's here." I told him quietly. He nods sleepily and closes his eyes.  Did I ever mention how cute he is when he's tired? 

Let me tell you..It's really freaking cute.