Nineteen

In the days that followed, we settled into an easy routine. I got closer to the guard, finding out that his name was Seo-jun and he was just a few years older than me. 

"So, are you excited?" Seo-jun asked one day. 

"For?" I turned to him. 

"Your quarantine period is almost over! Only 2 days left. You'll be able to explore the camp. Also, you get your own rooms once you're out of the quarantine cells. It's pretty cool around here."

I nodded. "Yeah! I can't believe we've been in here for over a week. What should we do once we're free to go wherever?" I asked.

"I know a good food stall that someone set up. You can take your cute "friend" there too." He indicates Gwi-nam, who is sleeping in our blanket nest.

I blushed when he said that. He knows. "I- well. We'll- we'll see." I eventually got out. He smiles. 

"You two are cute together. Are you dating?" I shook my head.

"Kind of.. but I mean, not really. We're taking it slow, no labels. He is the cutest though." I leaned back against the wall looking over at him fondly.

"That's sweet. Sadly I have not found a cutie to call my own..except there's this one guard, he's real cute. A little younger than me.  But I can't talk to him. It's WAY too hard." He pouts. 

"I know you can pull him, c'mon Seojun. You're plenty handsome, he'd probably fall for you first thing. What's his name?" I also had a feeling that I knew exactly who he was. 

"Lee Su-ho. You know him?" I shake my head. 

"But I've seen the way he looks at you." I smile knowingly.

"Oh shut up! You're lying." He rolls his eyes and laughs. I hit his arm playfully.

"Am not!" He is about to say something else when his radio goes off. 

"Captain, we need you to escort in some new arrivals from Busan. You'll be with Lieutenant Suho. " A voice crackles from it.

"Right away sir." He looks at me and I give a thumbs up. He smiles sheepishly and leaves. I crawl over to Gwi-nam, cupping his face. 

"Gwi-nam~ Wake up~" I quietly say into his ear. He stirs and looks up at me, a sleepy smile turning up his lips.

"Morning Cheong-san." He says, pulling me into a hug. 

"Good morning, handsome." I hummed. "Guess what?" 

"Hm?" He asked. 

"Our quarantine period's almost over." I held his face in my hands. 

"That's good. I was getting bored of this room anyway." He replies.

"Seo-jun told me we'd get our own rooms though." I pouted. "We can't cuddle to sleep anymore."

He shakes his head and smiles. "We can still cuddle. Besides, won't you get tired of me being on you all the time?"

"No! I love when you want cuddles and you get all clingyyy~" I said in a sing-song tone of voice.

"Oh hush." He laughs. 

"At least we'll probably be pretty close to each other considering that we arrived at the same time." I mused.

"Yeah. So quit worrying so much and relax. How many days do we have left, anyway? I kind of lost track."

I smiled.  "Only two! Can you believe that?" I sat up off of him so he could get up. 

"That's less than I was expecting! You must be pretty excited to be able to gossip freely, huh?" He raises an eyebrow at me with a teasing grin. 

"Hey! I do more than just gossip. Sometimes we judge people's outfits." I laughed along with him.

"Do you think Su-hyeok will beat me up or something?" He asks out of nowhere.

"What?! No- God, no. He wouldn't beat you up. He's just giving you a hard time. Nothing serious." I assured him. "Su-hyeok is a former jerk, you know. He might've been a bully back then but now he's changed. Just like you." 

He looked calmed by that. "Good. I have to make a good ass impression on your loved ones." He said seriously.

"Pfft- are you trying to ask for my hand in marriage or something? Relax. Besides, he already gave his completely unneeded approval of you, and so did the girls. You've got nothing to worry about from them." I patted his hand. 

He was so earnest I almost laughed, but I didn't in case he thought I was making fun of him.

He nodded, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. 

He was so honest with his feelings. His language might have been a little rough, and he was a bit blunt when he spoke, but he was a real life sweetheart.

"I just want to make sure I can make you happy to the fullest." He admits.

My eyes are full of love for the boy who sat in front of me. 

"You already make me happy to the fullest, my love."