Twenty Two

"I want to offically be yours, Cheong-san." 

Those seven words were going to be my undoing, I was sure of it.

I looked at him with an intense look on my features.

Searching his face for any trace of a joke, for a trace of a cruel prank that I doubted he had the heart to pull off anyway.

And it honestly did scare me a little when I didn't find anything but apprehension and love.

I didn't know what to say at first. I wanted to kiss him, hug him and bite him all at the same time.

"I- I understand if you don't want to but-" 

I interrupted him before he could finish forming that sentence.

"Can I kiss you?" He gave a nod, seeming a tad dazed as he did it. He clearly had been expecting some kind of rebuff on my part. 

I kissed him, full on the lips, for the first time. 

Time seemed to slow down as he relaxed, hands resting lightly on my chest. We didn't break the kiss until I was certain he wasn't joking around with me and playing with my feelings.

"I've been waiting for you to say that for so long." I tell him, pulling away from the kiss to look him in the eyes.

"I- well, I've wanted to ask you that for a while..but I didn't know how to ask you."

His face and ears are dusted with pink. 

"Be mine, then. Become my boyfriend so I can kiss you, like this," I pressed a gentle kiss to his soft lips "all the time." He's not such a bad boy anymore. Only a soft sweetheart. 

"Okay." His voice is small and gentle.

I pressed our foreheads together, sitting up a little as I did it. "Thank you for coming around." I told him, closing my eyes to keep the tears of happiness at bay.

"I was thinking about it for a long, long time.."

I opened them again, now shining with failed attempts at supressing my tears. 

"Wait, why are you..crying? Are you okay? Am I hurting you by being on you like this?" He looks confused and worried.

"These tears aren't caused by pain, my baby, these are happy ones. I love you, Yoon Gwi-nam." He wipes at my tears and finally smiles.

"I love you too, Lee Cheong-san." 

It felt so good to hear those words come from his mouth.

"I'm so happy right now, Gwi-nam..you have no idea. Who would have thought that I would fall so hard for a boy that was rumored to be a horrible person, a boy who no one liked..until you met me, that is." I hold him close against my chesting, feeling the rise and fall of his breath, warm on my skin. 

"What I'm really trying to say is, I'm so proud of you. You've been through so much and you're making efforts to become an amazing person-- even more amazing than you already are." My fingers are splayed out, rubbing his back tenderly.

I have always thought that love was some selling point for dramas and ads. Maybe love for me could have been with On-jo, in another life. I had never considered it to be something in real life. 

But now, suddenly..It felt very real. Tangible.

I liked it.

"That's..kind of all I ever needed to hear. From anyone important. I'm glad it was you. I'm..I'm proud of me too." Gwi-nam eventually says into my chest.

I wonder, for a brief moment if he can hear my heartbeat underneath his soft hands. He probably could, the way my heart was beating so hard.

I almost thought it would fly out of my chest to join the birds in the sky that light was rapidly fading from.

"I'm glad too." My heart was practically overflowing with the love I had for this boy.

Gwi-nam smiles up at me tiredly. "I'm sleepy, Cheong-san. Can we please sleep just like this?" He questions, seemingly unwilling to move from his position on top of me.

"Of course we can." I watched that night as he fell asleep in my arms. This view felt right. Perfect for me, and for him. Like it was meant to be.

I didn't know what would happen to us in the future, but I was damn well sure I wanted it to be with Gwi-nam by my side.

I imagined for a moment what it might be like to wake up next to him, kiss him good morning, tell him how much I loved him. 

We'd done it before, but the fact that he was now genuinely mine made that fact seem even more real.

He stirred in his sleep, and I adjusted to make him more comfortable. It was really as if I was still buzzing from the events of the day..well, more specifically the events of the last hour or two. 

"Sleep well, my precious Gwi-nam." I whispered, and placed a gentle kiss on his head before I closed my eyes too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Years Later. . .

"Now that is so not fair. You got such a sweet love story, and Suho hated me for the longest time before he warmed up to me!" Seo-jun complained. 

"Well, sorry, but I guess I'm just way more charming than you~ not everyone could convince him to fall in love with them." I gloated.

"Oh shut up, I got him in the end. And you two are just a couple of hopeless romantics." Seo-jun said, playfully hitting my arm.

"Totally. Speaking of, where's Suho?" Seo-jun just smiled mysteriously.

"You'll find out."

I didn't find out why until later.

I opened the door to Gwi-nam standing there, as per usual. But today he was holding flowers. I wanted to ask why when Gwi-nam kissed me and handed me a key. I looked  at him, confused. "What's this?" 

"It's the key to our new apartment." He grinned at me with a hint of tears of happiness in his eyes. 

I couldn't help but jump up on him.  "Oh my God! We've wanted one together for ages! I'm so happy right now I might explode!" And every word I was saying was true.

"Happy anniversary, Cheong-san." He said, arms around my waist.

"Happy anniversary to you too, Gwi-nam." 

Hambie or not, it was love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End! I hope you enjoyed reading this. I had a lot of fun writing it. It was honestly very, very self indulgent because I know that this is in no way shape or form canon.  I also feel like I should say thank you to everyone who left me a comment or an encouraging word, it means the whole wide world to me. 

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy. Don't forget to drink water, eat something and get some sleep.

Bye, and thank you again! 

xoxo

Hero.