11. "That's my girl"

Mila's POV

That night my head felt crowded, was Nate really cheating on me? Or was it maybe really my fucking thong? 

I got up around 4 AM looking through my drawers. Not one piece of underwear was missing, was I going insane? I let out a heavy breath before looking at my phone. Lexi was still online so I texted her. 

Mila to Lex<3 3:55 AM

Hey Lex you awake?

Lexi to Mila<3 3:57 AM

Yeah Why? 

Mila to Lex<3 3:57 AM 

Can we talk? I really need to talk to someone 

Lexi to Mila<3 3:58 AM

Sure come in

I locked my phone and tiptoed to the two sister's room, trying to be as quiet as possible. Cassie was deeply asleep when I entered their room and Lexi was sitting on her laptop writing her play. 

"What's wrong Mi?", Lexi asked closing her laptop halfway. "Lex I need to tell you something", I said looking around nervously. 

Before I could say anything Cassie's alarm went off, at 4 fucking AM. 

She turned it off and sat up right away.

"Why are you waking up at 4 AM?", Lexi asked the blonde girl. "Why are you awake at 4 Am and what are you doing here Mila?", Cassie asked annoyed, and left to go to the bathroom. 

"What's up with her?", I asked. "I have no clue actually", Lexi giggled. 

"So what did you want to tell me?", Lexi asked. "Fuck uhm, I think Nate's cheating on me", I admitted, she was the only person with Fezco that knew. 

"Wait what?", Lexi asked raising her voice sitting up straight in her bed. 

"Yeah, I went to his car the other day and got something from there. When I looked for what I needed I found a fucking thong on the floor", I told Lexi who looked at me shocked. 

"What the actual fuck?", she whispered. "I know right? Like I've been going through my drawers over and over again but I'm not missing any thongs, it's for sure not mine", I said quietly. 

"Maybe it's from a previous hook up?", Lexi suggested. "That is not possible, Nate cleans out his car to perfection every other Sunday", I explained. 

Nate had his rituals in everything, the way he showered, the way he worked out, and the way he cleaned his car. Everything was scheduled to perfection. 

"Fuck Mila, that's horrible. What are you gonna do?", Lexi asked. 

"I have no fucking idea. I don't want to confront him because he'll just get angry at me but I can't stand looking at him".

"I totally get that, maybe you should just distance yourself", she suggested. "I will try. Thank you Lexi and get some rest", I smiled at her getting off of her bed. 

"Oh and Lexi?", "Yeah?"

"You can't tell anyone", I whispered. "I won't Lexi answered before opening her laptop again typing more on it.

-

After that night I was exhausted, it reflected in the way I looked. My make-up wasn't sitting right, my outfit felt uncomfortable and it didn't even seem to match. 

In general, I felt like a fucking mess. 

My cousin, on the other hand, looked incredible, I mean she spend four hours getting ready. Those hours definitely paid off, I was happy that she was finally feeling better. 

"Hey Babe", Nate greeted me in school, placing a kiss on my cheek. "Hey Nate", I smiled. "Are you okay?", he asked looking me up and down. 

"Yeah I just couldn't sleep last night", I explained to him. "Oh really? Why not?", he asked. "I really don't know, I just feel bad", I lied to him. 

"Oh I'm sorry to hear, anyways I have a class. See you later", Nate smiled before walking off leaving me standing all by myself. 

-

The next day went by just like that. It hurt to let Nate slip through my fingers like that but I had to take my time to process what was actually happening. 

The next day I was standing by the locker with Cassie and Maddy. 

"I swear it's so fucking weird. He just gets on my nerves", I explained to the girls, since they were asking why I was barely talking to my boyfriend anymore. 

Cassie was smiling at someone before shutting her locker. "Out of sight out of mind Mi, remember", Maddy told me rolling her eyes. 

In biology class, I sat next to the new student, Elliot. He was actually pretty chill, he just transferred schools and met almost everyone at the New Years' eve party. 

"Rue and Jules are coming over to chill later, you wanna join?", he asked. "Nah I'm busy but thanks for asking Elliot", I smiled. 

"Always, you seem chill bro", he said writing something on his college block. "You too man". 

"But like actually, we need to hang soon, Rue told me you're smoking weed here and there", Elliot whispered over to me. "I did but I don't really do it anymore". 

"Why not? I bet you're a fun sesh partner". 

"I bet you are", I chuckled, "Maybe we can smoke at some point". 

"Yeah that's my girl", Elliot smiled at me, "So Mi how come you smoke weed with Rue ? Aren't you dating that giant asshole?".

"If you mean Nate, then yes I am dating him but Rue and I became friends through a friend of ours. We just happened to chill at the same spot and smoke some blunts together", I explained, smiling at the memory of Rue, Fez, and I smoking together. It was always the most fun experience. 

"Damn, Rue's lucky, I can't wait to smoke with you". 

"We will one day", I chuckled before we turned back to our work. 

-

The next day Nate insisted on taking me to school since Cassie and Lexi had to leave earlier anyway, I agreed. 

I got into his truck which was parked in front of our house. "Hey Babe", I smiled kissing his cheek quickly. 

"Hey cutie", he smiled, "Mi I think we need to talk". 

"About what?"

"Why have you been so distant lately?", Nate asked not starting to drive yet. "What do you mean? I'm not distant", I replied. 

"Fuck Mila, yes you are, you've been for a whole week now. We haven't met at all and every time I try to touch you in some way, you just pull away", Nate explained. I was actually starting to feel bad. 

"Nate, don't you want to tell me something?", I asked him looking him dead in the eyes, if he would just tell me he was cheating, I bet I could handle it better than when I'd find out in a few weeks. 

"What are you talking about?"

"I found something in your truck and I know what it means, so I'm gonna give you the opportunity to tell me the fucking truth", I explained as calmly as possible. 

Nate looked like he had seen a ghost, he knew what I was talking about. "What did you find?"

"Don't play fucking dumb", I snapped at him getting annoyed by his act. "What do you mean? I have no fucking idea what you're talking about", Nate said. 

"Who is she?", I asked him. At that moment I felt all kinds of emotions, sadness, anger, disappointment, and anxiety. 

*****

Why did this chapter feel so chaotic to write? I hope y'all still enjoyed it.

What do you think about Lexi and Mila growing closer?