12. "Why I'm a dick list"

!Trigger warning!

Nate's POV

"Who is she?", Mila asked all seriously. Fuck how did she even know?

There were two options right now. 

Option one: She saw my phone and the calls and shit. Options 2: She found the thong. 

Maybe there was another option and she is bluffing. 

"Baby why would you think I am cheating?", I asked trying to stay calm. "Don't act fucking stupid Nate", she snapped. 

"I have no idea what you are talking about Mila", I explained, it was time to just turn this conversation because there was literally no way out for me, and I was not going to tell her about Cassie right now. 

"Nate, why are you acting dumb? I found the thong in your fucking car. Who the fuck are you fucking?!", Mila yelled at me tears forming in her eyes. 

Okay, I know I'm a fucking dick but what I was about to do, was seriously coming first on my 'why I am a dick' list. 

"Are you mental? What fucking thong? Why are you going through my stuff?", I yelled back. 

"It was laying in your god damn car Nate, not like I had to search for it". 

"So you don't trust me? It's your fucking thong, nice you don't even remember your own fucking underwear. I bet you leave it laying around everywhere!", I yelled, "You are just trying to find an excuse to be annoyed with me again, seriously it's fucking annoying. What game are you playing Mila?". 

I couldn't control my anger any longer and grabbed her face tightly in my hands. "Huh? You wanna leave me? You want to make me the bad guy? Well, news flash I am not the bad guy", I yelled shaking her head. 

Fuck, calm down Nate. 

Tears were now running down her cheek, she wasn't saying anything so I got exactly what I needed in that situation. 

I started loosening my grip on her face letting my hand drop down. 

I waited a few seconds before speaking again, "Look I'm sorry for flipping, it's probably yours or maybe it's Maddys from when I drove you two to Kats house. Baby, you know I would never cheat on you", I explained calmly. 

I hated myself. 

Mila's POV

After Nate's and I's argument, I just felt even worse. My face hurt and I felt embarrassed, maybe he was right, he did drive Maddy and I to Kat's house for a sleepover right before new Year, it's probably that. 

I stayed quiet the entire ride to school. 

Nate and I walked into school holding hands passing by all of our schoolmates. We stopped by my locker where Nate looked down on me. "We need to spend quality time again", he smiled. 

"Yeah we do", I smiled looking up at him. 

"I have to talk to Mister Stevens before my history lesson, I will see you at lunch", Nate smiled and laced a soft kiss on my lips. "See you", I smiled as he left. 

Finally, I was alone, I took a deep breath in before looking for my friends, luckily they were all in the bathroom. 

On my way there I saw a lot of posters hanging up for Lexis' play, I was so proud of her. 

"Lexi, you did it", I cheered pulling my cousin into a tight hug. "Yeah, I'm so excited, you need to read it", she smiled at me. "Fuck yes, send it to me", I smiled.