Chapter 3

Fuck he knows.

He walks closer to me and motions me to get up.

Who does he think he is, telling me to do something.

"Can you get up please?" He asks gently.

I nod my head and stand up.

I follow him to an interrogation room where he motions me to sit down.

I sit down and place my backpack on my lap.

The officer and a woman sit in front of me, across the table.

I look at them, glaring back at the woman who's glaring at me.

The officer clears his throat and looks at me, "some officers found out that John's car was purposely crashed. Through the camera footage we could clearly see that another car was waiting and right when John came, they crashed his car. The other officers went to look in your house to see if there might be a reason to why someone would come after your stepfather." He starts.

I just look at him as he talks.

I want to smoke some pot right now.

I'm feeling too much pain- from the beatings not from John's passing. I'd love to meet the murders, give them a little praise or two.

"Jo-my stepfather" I quickly correct, "owed some money to a drug dealer" I tell him, my voice cold, even a little annoyed. 

The man nods his head, "okay, see we didn't know that before. That's why some officers went to your house to search for some kind of clue but they found a lot of other things." The officer says.

I don't respond and just look at him.

"Are you hurt?" The officer asks

"No" I say, my voice monotonous.

———

The man tried to talk to me and get some more information out of me but I didn't budge.

I just kept looking at him and lied.

The man and woman left, giving up and told me that they would search for any relatives by using my last name and that there would be a doctor coming to get some DNA samples of me so they can search for someone with my DNA since apparently my DNA isn't in the database.

I stay seated in the interrogating room while hugging my backpack.

I need to get out of here.

I start looking around with my eyes when I feel some on me.

I look at the camera for a couple of seconds when the door opens up again.

A doctor comes in the room.

He greets me before giving me some cups.

I'm told that I have to spit in one and put some hair in another.

I do that before pushing the cups back to him.

"I'll have to take some blood too" he says while grabbing a needle.

"No" I say.

He looks at me slightly confused, "Can I ask why you don't want me drawing your blood?" He asks.

Because I don't want you to see my bruises and I don't like physical contact from people I don't know or trust. And if he would look in my blood, he'd find trances of my drugs in there.

"I don't want to give you blood, can't you just find DNA there?" I ask him while tilting my head towards  the cups.

I know he can.

The man tries to get me to change my mind but when he sees that I won't budge, he agrees and leaves but not before telling me that I will get the results in the morning.

I suddenly feel blood run down my head again.

I curse under my breath when the door opens again and the officer walks back in.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask him.

"Sure, I'll lead the way" he informs me.

I nod my head and stand up while grabbing my backpack.

I walk behind him to the bathroom.

I quickly do my business and wash my hands.

I grab my phone and send a message to one of my men to come pick me up here.

I'm not staying here.

I'm heavily armed surrounded by police officers, this can't go well

I'm in serious extreme pain and I'd really like to just go to his well now my house and just relax for a minute.

I walk back out of the room and see that the police officer is unfortunately still here.

"The doctor said that he'll have the results tomorrow, can I stay the night somewhere else? I have money to pay for it" I ask him.

He looks down at me, "no, I'm sorry sweetie but you'll have to stay the night here for your safety for if those men who killed your stepfather would come back for you" he tells me.

"I have to go" I tell him.

He shakes his head no, "you'll have to stay here" he tells me.

"I want to go" I say building up fake tears, "to process the dead of my stepfather" I say desperately voice breaking.

His face softens.

It's working.

"I'm sorry-" he starts but I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his body pushing away my uncomfortableness before pressing on a pressure point.

The officer's knees go weak and I hold him up before gently bringing him down to the ground.

I grab a paper and scribble on it that I'll be coming back in a few hours.

I just really need to get out of here for a minute.

I swing my backpack on my back before sneakingly going passed the few officers that are still here.

Only around 10 since it's so late most already went home.

I duck down so that people behind small walls don't see me and slowly walk further like that.

I make sure I'm out of sight the whole time and eventually when I'm in the hallway, I run.

I see a car pulling up and immediately notice that my second in command is in there together with one of my men.

I hop in the car while biting the inside of my cheek as pain erupts in my body.

"Go to the main warehouse" I demand then we leave.