Chapter 57

I nod my head, "I know, it'll go away soon" I tell him as his eyes close, "that's right, just go to sleep" I say softly as we both slowly drift off.

————

I wake up before Atlas does.

I immediately exhaust my head with thinking of ways we could escape this place.

Eventually I only come up with three solutions.

Either we try to escape when the door gets open or when we might get moved or if someone comes to save us.

We can't rely on the option of someone coming to save us.

It won't get us anywhere.

I've also been planning on telling Atlas about Elijah- my baby.

If I die, I want him to know that he had a nephew and that I love him- I love my twin.

Atlas slowly starts to wake up, "morning" I say giving him a small smile.

He smiles back softly, "morning"

I quickly inform him of the small three options of some sort of escaping plan that we have.

He nods his head and slowly wraps his arm around me so we're cuddled into each other.

"Atlas I need to tell you something" I say slowly.

"Okay"

"First I need you to know for if I die that I love you okay, you're my brother- my twin" I say

He smiles, "I love you too Ena" he says.

I nod my head, "remember that okay, don't be mad at me" I say nervously

He straightens a little and nods his head as he pulls me a little closer to him.

"So well euhm, you know that John raped me" I say.

He nods his head as his face twists into a painful expression.

"So euhm after Henry died and I was living back with John he continued doing that. One day before I turned 14, I started experiencing these painful things in my abdomen and before I knew it there was all this blood and a-..a baby. John was extremely mad at me even though it was his fault but eventually he euhm, he found it a good way to torment me. You know taking care of the child your rapist caused. Well I hated the child- Elijah at first too but then I didn't. You know it wasn't his fault, anyway John took Elijah on the night of his first birthday and threw him away in an alleyway where he died. I just..I wanted you to know that you had a nephew who was a really sweet kid okay" I say with tears in my eyes.

He looks at me with tears in his own eyes and pushes my face in his chest where we hug each other for a long time, "I had a nephew" he says softly

I nod my head, "he was a really good kid, he wasn't even remotely like John" I say.

He nods his head, "I wish I could've met him" he whispers saddened.

I nod my head "me t-" I start when suddenly the doors burst open again

"Don't worry Atlas, look who I found a few years ago" father smirks as a small underfed toddler stumbles into the room.

He's bruised and crying.

Elijah

I don't know why, I just know for sure it's Elijah- call it mother instinct or something if it wasn't Elijah I would know. 

Holy shit

No

Oh my god

Harsh tears start streaming down my face as the toddler waddles into my arms.

"Oh my god, my baby- Elijah" I sob out as my arms wrap around his small figure.

He looks up at me and our eyes meet.

He slowly stops crying and starts touching my face in awkwardly funny ways.

He looks a little confused but he seems to recognize me somehow.

Just like a new born baby stops crying when it's being held by to mother for the first time, the baby just knows that your its mother.

"Hey baby, it's mama" I whisper through tears as he wraps his arms around my neck.

"Mama" he says with little difficulty.

I nod my head and hug his freezing body close to my own.

"Well I'll leave you to your little reunion for now but I'll be back later" father says before locking the door once more but I could care less about that right now.

Elijah- my child who I thought had been dead for two years is still alive, my father had him.

Soon the little boy in my arms falls asleep against me.

I turn to Atlas for a second, "he's still alive" I whisper, the tears still evident.

He smiles with tears in his own eyes and pulls me closer to him, "that's my little nephew" he whispers voice breaking

I nod my head and shift the little boy in my arms as his grip tightens on me, "shhh it's okay, mama's here" I say softly while caressing his back.

Elijah smiles and snuggles his head into my chest, "he's so cute" Atlas says.

I smile with tears still evident in my eyes, "he is" I agree.

"Atlas promise me that if I-... if I don't make it out here alive, please take care of Elijah and check up with Ares from time to time okay" I say softly.

He shakes his head, "No, I won't promise you that because you will survive this"

"What if I don't though, you have to promise me"

"No- you will survive this"

"Please, just in case" I say.

He nods his head, "okay, okay I promise but you have to try your best, you have to survive" he tells me.

I nod my head, "I'll do everything I can as will you"

He nods, "as will I" he says.

I nod my head and look back at Elijah.

I can't help but notice the scars on his body with all those bruises, he's so malnourished, I can see his bones poking out.

My baby

My child

I lean down and kiss is head gently, "I'll never let you get hurt again, I promise you that Lijah"