Chapter 38

Suddenly the doors of the room get thrown open and Vincenzo walks in looking like absolute shit with his suitcase in his hands.

I look at him just like everyone else in this room.

His eyes however quickly land on Athena.

Soon he's standing next to the bed and gently placed his hand on her head.

"I thought you were on a business trip" I say.

He glances at me, "I was until I heard what happened, she's my little sister Atlas, I had to see her" he tells me softly, showing a side of him that's rarer than rare.

I just nod my head and turn back to Athena.

He doesn't care to get to know Athena, he doesn't even talk to her but when she's in a coma he comes back like he all of a sudden does care.

Athena is scared of Vincenzo.

He reminds her of John.

I don't want him to touch her, she wouldn't have liked that.

Vincenzo retrieves his hand and sits down on a chair next to her bed.

He looks at Ena for a few more seconds before he takes his laptop out and start working again, like always.

Working

Working

Working

I can't blame him or accuse him of not taking care of us because in reality he does.

He makes sure we're fed, have a roof over our head and buys us anything we desire.

I'd just wish he'd be there for us like an actual brother who I'd get tired off because he'd be there too much.

I want him to be here with us more often, not just when we're in the hospital or really sick.

I want him to yell at me for getting bad grades, I want him to actually be a person and not just a bank for money.

I want my oldest brother here, not a person who gives us money.

I turn back to Ena when a nurse enters the room.

The same nurse who helped me with my broken arm a few years ago, she's a good woman.

I look up, "hello everyone, I'm going to attend Athena's wounds today" she announces

I nod my head and stand up before walking away to give the woman space to clean Athena's wounds.

She gives me a smile and slowly takes Athena's covers off of her body.

Athena is wearing a sports bra and spandex shorts so the nurses will be able to clean her wounds easily without having to hurt her too much by moving her and stuff.

Almost her entire body is bandaged.

The nurse slowly takes all the bandages off of her stomach.

My secret livesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara