Chapter 47

Soon I'm heading to the room I'm staying in and avoid all of my brothers for the rest of the day.

————

I didn't show up for dinner last night.

No one came to get me so I think they were okay with it.

I don't want to talk to Valerio or any of the others so I'm already on my way to school.

I left a note on the kitchen table before I left, telling my brothers that I already left to go to school.

Ares picked me up a few minutes ago without question.

"So...did you have a fight with your brothers?" He asks me.

"Sort of" I answer him.

He looks a little confused, "yesterday was my first day at a new school" I tell him.

He nods his head.

"I was making friends and everything until Valerio started freaking out and he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me away from them. I won't be surprised if they'll never want to speak to me again." I explain further.

"He hurt you" he grits through his teeth

I shrug my shoulders, "a little, there's a bruise from his tight grip on me" I say.

Ares' hands tighten around the steering wheel.

"Ares-"

"He hurt you" he states, anger lacing his voice.

"Yeah" I say.

"He hurt you and he knows what you've been through" he says.

I shrug my shoulders and look out of the window.

"Can you come pick me up later too?" I ask him.

He tries to relax a little and nods his head, "sure Thena" he smiles.

"Thank you..for everything. For picking me up and being there for me, for just dealing with my bullshit in general" I tell him.

————

It's still an hour before school starts so I decide to make my way to the bleachers.

With some difficulty I settle down in the middle.

Like always I place the crutches underneath my feet and I grab my laptop.

I've been working for my mafia for around half an hour when I suddenly hear footsteps.

I look up a little startled.

Blaze.

I quickly open another tab on my laptop.

He walks to me, "is this spot free?" He asks while motioning to the empty space next to me.

I just nod my head and gently close my laptop.

He sits down next to me.

We stay silent for a few seconds, "I'm sorry for yesterday" I apologize to him.

He turns to look at me before turning back, "it wasn't your fault" he says.

"No?" I question after a few seconds of being a little speechless

"No it was Valerio's fault for acting like that" he says.

"So you're not mad at me?" I ask him

He looks at me like I'm crazy, "why the hell would I be mad at you?"

"I don't know- because if his behavior, you know him dragging me away and stuff. Him yelling- him insulting you" I say.

"He did all that not you" he tells me.

"That's true" I say.

It's quiet for a few seconds, "so he's your brother" he states.

I nod my head.

"I didn't know that the Rossi's had a sister" he says, "no well I knew they had a sister, I just thought she was dead- we all thought that. For years everyone thought you were dead since you know" he says.

"I know what you meen....I didn't know I had brothers until around a week ago either" I say.

That catches his attention, "you didn't?"

"Nope" I say.

"How come?" He asks but there's this thing in his voice that's telling me that if I don't want to share this information with him, I don't have to.

"How much do you already know?" I ask him.

"Well everyone knows that your parents were going through a divorce and eventually when things got ugly, your mother took you and left. Your father searched for you for years until he went crazy but your brothers never stopped" he tells me.

I nod my head, "well my mom took me with her and since I was so young I basically forgot everything. She never mentioned them or anything, it was only when my stepfather died I was informed about their existence." I say.

"....your mother" he starts.

"Sucked but I loved her I guess" I finish his sentence, "it's okay though, I survived and now I've been reunited with my brothers" I say my voice changing a little when mentioning my siblings.

"You don't seem very about your brothers" he observes.

"No I- well...I don't know" I tell him, "I just...they've found out too much about me- about my past and life, they scare me" I admit.

"Do they hurt you? The way Valerio grabbed you yesterday-"

"No-" I cut him off, "they don't hurt me" I clarify

"Why are you scared of them?" He asks.

I stay silent for a while, "I don't know" I eventually say.

"Do they all scare you?" He asks.

"No, from Atlas I've never been scared" I say truthfully

"He's your twin right"

"Yeah, he's nice and he doesn't scare me. He makes me feel okay- that sounds stupid Jesus" I mutter.

He laughs a little, "it's not stupid, it's good that you like your twin brother" he says.

I nod my head, "that's true" I say.

"What about you?" I ask him.

He looks confused.

"Do you have any siblings or anything?" I ask him.

"I do- I have a little sister" he says.

I smile, "how old is she?" I ask him.

"She's five" he tells me.

"She's so young"

"Yeah, she's cute and nice if she likes you, if she doesn't she'll let you know" he smiles.

The smile on my face only grows

"What's her name?" I ask him.

"Alia"

"That's a beautiful name" I tell him genuinely.

He nods his head, "my parents are also divorced so it's just me, my sister and my mom" he tells me.

"I'm sorry, that must be tough especially with your little sister"

"It can be difficult at times but it's better without my father around" he informs me.

I don't really know what to say so I just hold his hand, comforting us both I think and when I finally know what to say I hear Atlas call out my name.