Chapter 8

"Don't fight it, nothing will happen to you Attie, I'll protect you from now on. I love you" is the last thing I hear before darkness takes a hold of my mind.

———

My eyes slowly start to open and I'm confused on where I am for a second until everything comes back.

I blink a few times before I notice that I'm leaning against Angelo.

I quickly lift my head and drag my sore body up again. "Sorry" I mutter when I see him looking at me.

"It's okay, I didn't mind" he says gently, the love clear in his eyes.

Why would you love someone like me?

I just nod my head and lean back against my seat even though the pain in my back is nowhere near gone.

A few minutes go by and eventually the pilots announce through the intercom that we will be arriving shortly.

I put my seatbelt back on before the plane starts to land.

I hold my backpack as we go down so it doesn't fall as the plane goes a little forward.

———

The driver drives through the big black gates.

Around an hour ago we left the plane before stepping in another car.

The car continues riding until we reach a driveway with a fountain in the middle.

The car drives around it and stops in front of the front door.

We walk out of the car, then the driver drives away again leaving us there standing.

My brothers start walking to the front door so I decide to follow them.

What if I'll have to sleep in the basement again?

I walk inside the big modern house which has by the looks of it bullet proof class windows.

I decide to not question it and just keep standing in the hallway not knowing what to do or who to follow.

I look around for a few seconds.

It's so modern and beautiful with the black and white interior with some grey and a few colorful accents around the room.

"Come, I'll show you to your room" Ian says.

I jump a little, not realizing he was still here.

I just nod my head and start to follow him as he starts walking upstairs.

I limp behind him as he quickly goes up.

I go as fast as I can but with a broken ankle I'm not going as fast as I would of liked.

The painkillers aren't worn out yet but the pain has been returning more, not like it was fully gone in the first place though.

The pain becomes worse when I stand on my broken ankle fully and by walking stairs I'm doing that constantly.

I bite my lip as I support my weight by using the handrail.

Ian notices I'm not following him as fast as he's going and turns back around.

He starts walking to me when he sees that I'm not even halfway the stairs while he was already at the top.

"I can pick you up" Ian says

I look at him a little weirded out so he continues talking, "so you don't put too much weight on your pained ankle."

"No thank you, I can walk by myself" I say gently while I grit my teeth as I put my body weight on my ankle for a few seconds before I can relieve the pressure.

"You sure? I mean it might get worse you know, the pain" he says.

That's true.

"I'm sure" I say quietly.

He nods his head but keeps standing next to me, "if you fall, I'll catch you" he tells me softly referring to the fact that I'd might fall because of the pain or something.

I just nod my head and go up another step.

After around a good 5 minutes, we finally reach the top of the stairs.

I'm a little out of breath but I continue limping behind Ian.

At the end of the hallway, he stops in front of a door.

"This is your room" he says smiling.

I nod my head as he opens the door.

He gives me the hand gesture that tells me to go inside then he follows me.

My mouth parts slightly.

When you walk into the room, there's a big big bed in the middle with two cute white nightstands next to it which both have some nightlights.

On the left side of the room is a big bookcase with a desk next to it.

Next to my left nightstand is a door which leads to a bathroom while on the right side there is a closet.

There is a tv and a couch in here too.

"T-..this is for me?" I ask unsure.

He smiles while nodding his head but his face expression then turns worried, "well if you don't like it we can change it but yes, this is for you" he tells me.

"Thank you" I say sincere.

His smile becomes even wider, "no problem, if you need anything just call us by yelling. I'll leave you to unpack for a bit and so you can get some rest if you'd like. Dinner's at 6" he tells me.

It looks like he wants to add something to that but last minut he changes his mind and just leaves.

When the door closes, I calmly look around for a few more seconds until I actually start moving.

This can't be real.

I walk to my desk and place my bag down on it.

Slowly I open it and start to take things out before placing it somewhere random.

I put my schoolbooks and work in the bookcase.

I put my clothes in the closet and for the rest I only have a toothbrush and comb which I placed in the bathroom.

My wallet, weapons, laptop and phone I decide to hide.

If something were ever to happen then I'd be able to get out of here pretty fast.

I look at the clock and when I see that 6 pm starts to come nearer, I walk out of my room knowing I'd probably take a good 10 minutes to reach the room.

Slowly I make my journey over there