Chapter 36

When we release the hug, the twins take me with them and we go back home.

———

I've showered and changed my bloody clothes.

And I'm now packing random stuff from Athena.

I've just been grabbing some what look like comfortable clothes, hygiene products and her new electronics we bought today.

I'm packing everything in a suitcase she choice when I come across her old phone. I'll pack that one as well.

As I zip up her suitcase, I hear both the twins walk here.

I look at them both, "ready?" Valentino asks

I just nod my head, too fearful of the chance my voice might break.

You probably think I'm overreacting but you have to understand that this is my twin- my second half that I haven't seen in years. And now that she's finally back and I've barely gotten to know her...I just don't want to lose her.

I can't lose her.

Valentino gives me a small push, "she'll be okay- stop worrying" he says.

"How would you feel if your twin was dying!?" I snap at him

His face drops and realization starts to kick in.

"Oh fuck Valentino I'm sorry" I quickly rush out as Valerio walks away with the suitcases.

They both walk out leaving me in the hallway alone not sparing me another glance.

FUCK

My hands fly up to grip my hair tightly and I drop down to my knees.

How could I be so reckless, I know that the twins are sensitive with that subject ever since Valerio got diagnosed with cancer. He's cancer free now, he has been for a few years but it was hard. Valentino saw his twin fading away a little more each day, it was really tough on us all but for them both it was horrible. And now I've...god why am I so stupid!?

I lean against to wall for a couple of second as tears starts to grow.

God she was so pale, so so pale and cold.

Her lips they were practically blue.

It was so scary

I-...I thought she was dead

There's this pain in my heart and I can't stop it from hurting.

God

A small sob escapes my lips.

Fucking hell Atlas, get up

I'm not weak

I need to stop crying- it won't bring me anywhere.

Just like father said, me crying is me being weak.

I drop my hands and take a deep breath.