Chapter 22

Y/n's POV:

I hold my head and I'm lucky I do when I crash hard onto a brown solid floor, I blink my head and look up, expecting to see Dippet, perhaps giving me a rough journey for being involved with Tom. I expect to get questioned.

But when I rub my eyes and focus my vision, I see Dumbledore, standing there with a odd twinkle in his eye as he stares at me.

" congratulations y/n, you did it" he tells me.

My heart hammers.

" what?" I ask but I feel speechless.

" take a seat" he tells as he points to the couch with cookies and tea laid out.

" where's Tom?" I ask and I'm praying I'm dreaming.

" y/n fear not, you are safe now" he tells me.

Discreetly, I touch my heart pretending as if I'm trying to catch my breathe but I give it a firm push and I feel the time turner that's still around my neck.

" I didn't ask to come back!" I tell him as I sit down. I'm only hear for explanations.

" but you completed your task" Dumbledore says calmly as he also takes a seat.

" I didn't" I say but I'm acting as if he doesn't have the ability to know everything.

" you did, y/n I was there" he says.

I raise my eyebrows at him, " where? In the chamber?"

" no, let me explain, I know everything... now I have trust in you, but you didn't think I would let you do this all on your own? Without any protection? No. The Dumbledore who was there was me, I knew everything that went on" he says.

" you came back in time with me?"

" of course. What if something bad happened to you?"

" but something bad is happening to Tom, if you were there you must have saw! He got accused of killing-"

" y/n" Dumbledore interrupts me.

" do you remember the talk we had in my office before we left, and I asked would you rather have one person killed or loads of innocent people killed?" He reminds me.

I nod, remembering the conversation.

" now let me ask you this, would you rather have multiple innocent families killed or 4 people?" He asks.

I stare at him blank, I think I might puke, he notices my frightening expression, he knows what I'm thinking and he knows what I want to ask. So he answers.

" Y/n I brought you back in time because Tom was already in love with you, whether you left or not he was in love therefore with or without he will no longer kill" Dumbledore says.

" I'm not saying I doubted you however the events that took place definitely helped, it made him think you were on his side" he says.

I glare at him hard as he avoids my other questions that he knows I'm waiting for him to confess to.

" You are a smart cookie... but not as smart as Tom who leaves his ring hanging about"

I gulp and it's not from sadness nor fear but a single tear falls from my eye.

" I used polyjuice potion being Tom and threatened Jack whom is in Gryffindor, he made fun of Tom in one your potions classes and I knew Tom wanted to hurt him so I took care of it, I threatened Jack to never come back or else I, who was Riddle, would hurt him and he listened"

I whimper as I comprehend his words trying to fight off the urge to smack him as I grip hold of the chair I'm seating on as there's more to come.

" Then I killed Elliot, I was helping you, I was giving you more time, with Tom getting accused he was worried you believed the accusations, with you helping him and being on his side, this created a bond between yous" he says like it's nothing.

" Ascot Ritz, I tried to threaten as I saw how much they loathed each other, I told him to leave as I did to Jack but unlike him he didn't listen, so I had to hurt him for him to know I was serious. I was hoping he would report Tom as he would get expelled then, it wouldn't matter if he got expelled then or now because he's been in love with you for ages"

" Myrtle was the final target as I knew from the present time how he was going to kill her, I also knew he didn't open the chamber to kill her, he was saying goodbye. So I had to kill her quick, framing Tom as he was in the chamber, I reported him to Dippet and now we are"

" you're sick" I say but my voice is faint.

" Tom is about to go back to the orphanage for crimes he didn't do"

Dumbledore frowns at me.

" y/n, why you seem to care for a boy who ruined everyone's lives I am unsure"

" I want to go back, I have to help him" I cry.

" your family is here" he says softly.

I think about my family, how devastated I was when they died, how I wished for a happy family whenever I saw the Weasley's.

But I feel like the most evil person in the world when it doesn't stop me from wanting to go back, I don't know my family. I love them but they don't even know me but that's not their fault.

" you're stupid if you think I'm going to sit here and be okay with this" I tell him as I stand up.

" you're weak, do not tell me you have caught such feelings for a monster like Tom Riddle" Dumbledore doesn't shout but harshly says.

I could say a lot worse but I don't, I hurriedly twist the time turner and I go back.