Chapter 3: The truth is out

It had been 2 months since Kamini had been trying to tell about her brother to Anurag and Sonakshi but everytime she used to get interrupted by something or the other.

It was a Friday morning, Kamini woke up early and sat down at the pooja with Veena. Veena gave her the prasad and she touches Veena's feet and took her blessings.

Veena: Janam din mubarak hu Kamini beta!

Kamini: Thank you Veena Auntie!

It was the twins birthday! Pulkit came down and first met with Kashish and then met Piyush. Everyone came near Pulkit and wished him happy birthday. Lalit, on the other hand, first went to wish Kamini.

Lalit: Happy birthday Kamini beta!

Kamini touched his feet and Lalit blesses her and hugged her.

Kamini: Thank you Dada Ji!

She came to everyone else and they all wished her a happy birthday. They had their special breakfast and then went to college. Today, Kamini didn't board the auto to come to college, well she would've but because of it being her birthday, she was flooded with soo many calls that she forgot to. They reached the college at the same time as Anurag and Sonakshi. They both were shocked to see Kamini come down from the same car as Pulkit. Anurag and Sonakshi came to talk to Kamini.

Anurag: Happy birthday Kamini!

Kamini was shocked to hear Anurag's voice. She knew she'll have to do a lot of explaining now! She turned around and found a smiling Anurag and Sonakshi. They had small presents in their hands.

Kamini: Anurag!

Sonakshi cleared her throat.

Sonakshi: Happy Birthday Kamini!

Kamini blushed knowing what Sonakshi meant. She wanted to make sure that her presence is also noticed.

Kamini: Sonakshi! Anurag! Thank you!!

Both of them hugged Kamini. Kamini onew that now anytime they will shower her with the questions.

Anurag: Kamini..yeh tumhare liye..humari taraf se ek chota sa gift..

He handed her his gift and Sonakshi handed her her gift. Kamini took the gifts happily.

Kamini: Thank you soo much par unhe laane ki koi zarurat nahi thi..

Anurag: Arre! Kaise nahi thi! Yeh tumhara first birthday hai humari dost banke!

Sonakshi: Aur nahi toh kya! Gift toh banti hai!

Pulkit: Aur party bhi!!

They all were shocked to hear Pulkit. He came from behind Kamini and gave a wicked smile to Anurag.

Pulkit: (to Kamini) Kamo, tum apne dost ko toh bulaogi na humare birthday party mai?

Anurag and Sonakshi shared a look emphasizing on 'humare birthday party'! What did he mean humare!?!?

Kamini just smiled and hit him on his leg by placing her foot above his and crushing it a little. Kamini could see from their expressions that they were very curious about the entire Pulkit coming and talking.

As soon as Pulkit left, Anurag looked at Kamini with a raised eyebrow.

Anurag: Pulkit..kya keh raha tha? Tum dono ki birthday party? Mai kuch samjha nahi Kamini..kya baat hai?

Sonakshi: we don't mean to interfere in your life but..kya chakar hai?

Kamini closed her eyes, she could see them go away in her mind. She hated it! Especially on her birthday, her own twin brother had to come and destroy everything! She opened them in order to answer the two who were looking at her in total confusion.