Chapter 22: Zindagi

Kamini took a deep breath. She had decided but was scared to announce her decision. But she had to. She came in front of both, her mother and Sujal who was standing next to Anurag.

Kamini: Maine apna decision le liya hai..

Everyone started looking at her in shock. Piyush knew that Kamini would be very sad that she had to choose between her family and her family to be. Kamini started looking at Anurag.

Kamini: I'm sorry..

Anurag: Kamini..

Kamini: I want ki aap sab ko yeh pata ho ki yeh decision lena mere liye kitna difficult hai..par..par yeh decision maine le liya hai apne bharose par garv karke..

Sujal was shocked. He looked at Anurag, he couldn't see his son sad because the wedding will be called off. But he also knew that there was nothing that he can do now, the onus of decision is on Kamini, and she is the only one who will have to make it.

Kashish: mai jaanti thi meri bacchi! Mai janti thi ki tum yeh galti nahi karogi!

Kamini: Really mom? Really? Thank God aap iss decision se khush hai! I was scared ki aap hi sabse zyada oppose karenge! Anyways..mera yeh decision final hoga..final..

Piyush: Kamo beta, jo bhi decision lena hai, yaad rakhna beta, yeh decision tumhare sath zindagi bhar rahega..

Kamini smiled and came near her parents and held their hands in hers. Sujal and the entire family got the signal that Kamini had decided to choose her family over the marriage. They all started to leave after that. Anurag was not fully convinced but he also went along with his family.

Kamini: Rukiye aap sab!

They all turned around in shock. They looked at Kamini who was still with her parents holding their hands.

Sujal: Kamini beta, we all welcome you're decision..beta hum chalte hai phir..have a good day..

Sujal was saying all this with a heavy heart. He caught a hold of Anurag's wrist and gently held it. Anurag knew that this meant that "let's go". Anurag smiled at Kamini but it was a sad smile. They all started to go out when Kamini interrupted once again.

Kamini: Aaj muhrat tak aa jaiyega..intezar karungi mai aap sab ka..

Everyone was shocked once again. But this time Kamini's family was more shocked. Kashish held onto Kamini's hand.

Kashish: Kamo, yeh kya bol rahi hai tu?

Kamini: Mom aap hi toh keh rahi thi ki mai yeh galti nahi karungi and all..aapne toh sab kuch mera decision bolne se pehle hi bol diya tha..toh ab mera decision bhi sunn lijiye..

Kashish: Theek hai..sunao..

Kamini: Maine decide kar liya hai ki mai apni aage ki saari zindagi Anurag ke sath hi batana chahti hu..chahe uske liye mujhe aapse muh hi kyu na mldna pade..

Kashish: Par Kamo, woh incident jo abhi abhi hua yaha, uska kya? Yeh ladki dekh rahi ho, uski iss halat ki zimmedar sirf aur sirf yeh ladka hi hai!

Kamini: MOM BAS! Anurag ne aisa waisa kuch bhi nahi kiya hai! Mujhe wishvas hai usspar! Mai jaanti hu ki mera Anurag mujhe chodkar kisi bhi ladki ke taraf tak uss nazaria se aankh utha kar nahi dekhta. Woh baki saari ladkiyo ko apni behen maanta hai mom..mera Anurag aisa ghatiya kaam nahi kar sakta!

Anurag was the most happiest person standing there and since the start he had hope. Anurag believed in his love. He knew it that Kamini could've never left him like this. He knew that Kamini would believe him. He looked at Sujal who was very happy but somewhere a little scared for Kamini.

Sujal: Kamini beta..are you sure?

Kamini: Ji..jo pyaar aapne aur auntie ne mujhe itne kam samay me diya hai woh toh mom ke pyar se kai zyada hai. Aap sab mujhpar jitna bharosa karte hai shayad utna mom mujhpar kabhi kar hi na paye..aur mai Anurag ko chodkar aur kisi se pyar kar hi nahi sakti.. saccha pyar toh zindagi me sirf ek baar hi toh hota hai..toh mai usse chodke kaise chali jaati?

Naina: Sahi kaha beta..chalo ab..hum chalte hai aur barat leke jald hi aate hai..

Kamini: Ji..

Now Anuraga and the entire family left the house in happiness. Kashish and Vasundhara were left speechless. Kashish had never imagined that Kamini would choose Anurag and his family over her.

Piyush: itna shock hone ki koi zarurat nahi hai tumhe Kashish. Tumne aaj tak Kamo ko pyar hi kitna kiya hai jo tum uss se yeh expect kar rahi thi ki woh tumhe chunegi? So please just get over yourself. Kamini ki shaadi hogi Anurag se..meri beti ki shaadi hogi Sujal ke bete se aur tum aur mom aap, dono ke dono waha nahi aaoge..ab aur kuch kharab hone mai de nahi sakta apne bacchi ke zindagi me..ab mai chala tayar hone. Time hone ko aa raha hai, bohot si tayari karni abhi bhi baaki hai..so bye.

Piyish left them there. With everyone's approval, Kashish and Vasundhara were kept in a room so that they don't create any ruckus outside during the wedding.

They both saw the entire wedding take place from the window. Kashish started crying seeing her daughter in the shaadi ka joda. She saw all the rituals take place and in between Lalit came with food for them.

Lalit: Khana kha lo. Sath me paani bhi laya hu..agar tum dono ne aaj subah wali giri hui harkat nahi ki hoti toh abhi waha hote dono ke dono. Unki shaadi hote hue dekh paate aaram se..par..

Lalit let put a frustrated breath. He kept the food for them and left. Kashish kept on looking outside and soon it was time to take aashirwad. They took aashirwad of all the elders but then Anurag went near his dad and said somethings in his ear. Then soon the door opened and Anurag and Kamini came to take the blessings from Kashish as well as Vasundhara.

Sujal: Aap dono ne jo kiya hai uske liye maafi toh aap dono ko kabhibbhi nahi milegi..par kyuki iss pratha me saare bade buzuego ka aashirwad lena hota hai isiliye yeh dono yaha aaye hai..agar aashirwad nahi de sakte toh kuch bhi mat dena par baddua mat dena.

They both took the blessings from them both and then went outside to complete the rest of the rituals. Soon it was Kamini's vidai. Upon Naina's insisting, Kashish was allowed to join this. Naina knows what an emotional sentiment is attached with vidai. Sujal very well knew that this was Kashish's biggest lesson ever, her own daughter decided to leave her for good and that to for a person whom Kashish tried to portray as a molester. The biggest punishment for Kashish would be seeing her daughter go away from her forever, because somehow Kamini was more adamant on never seeing her mother's face than what Naina and Sujal were. Soon Kamini left the R&G house and went to live with the Garewals as Mrs. Kamini Anurag Garewal forever.

○○○○○○○○○○○○THE END○○○○○○○○○○○○

Thank you all soo much for sticking around! I know I went off on a what seemed like an eternal break but actually I had forgotten my id password and was unable to log in. Really hope you guys liked this story! Hope to see you soon with another story! Bye till then!